Used 2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews - 229 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Love My Toyota
By Rick

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this with 15,000 miles on it and it has 116,000 on it now and never had any problems with it, I guess its time to change the plugs other than that, I will be looking for a newer one soon and getting a nice resale on this one.

I love the room in it and the comfort of driving like a car.

Grear Car
By DG

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Highlander as certified used with 17k in 2003. Great reliability. Highly recommend if looking for dependable transportation with limited servicing. Would buy another.

Cost to own is very low. Not awd, but ect snow feature adequate in most winter storms.

Problem Solved Early
By Dene

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After owning the car a few years, my check engine light would come on and go off. The service manager recommended that I do the cat. converter because it seemed that it was going out and I only had about 15,000 miles before my warranty was up. I think this is problem with some of the Highlanders. And yes, the heater/air is acting up.

Enough room to carry a lot of stuff. I can depend on the car to start and not leave me hanging.

Great SUV
By Great SUV

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Coming up on 120,000. I guess I'll get a tune-up. Every time I take it to the dealer they say it's fine. Replaced the brakes once and had a ball bearing replaced. Other than that, it runs great. Husband bought me a new VW CC as an early Christmas gift - but I can't give up this SUV, so he'll have to take the new car. I know this sounds crazy -- but why replace it if it's running great!!! Plus it has more room and can haul more.

Interior is in excellent condition. Leather wears great. Easy to clean. Runs pretty quiet. No complaints from me.

None

Nice
By Great

2002 Toyota Highlander SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this vehicle for my wife to cart around our 2 boys and already love it. Compared to newer American vehicles we test drove, it was built much, MUCH better. I hope it gives us the longevity others say they have. We bought with 50k miles... how sad to say that this vehicle in the test drive had a better ride to it than the 09 American vehicles we test drove? GREAT resale value as well. No junk vehicle here!

Great for my petite wife. Not too big, not too small. VERY impressed with the leg clearance in the backseat. Thought it was going to much smaller, love the fold down seats, plenty of room in the front. We aren't knocking elbows when both my wife and I are in vehicle together.

None as of now.