Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 310 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

A Fun and Fantastic Ride!
By Psykew

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for both fun and family. All in all it has worked out perfectly. I thought it might be a little difficult getting an infant seat out of the back doors but I can do it even without adjusting the front seats. It gets up and goes with the slightest pressure on the gas pedal which makes it great if you have to zoom past someone to exit the freeway. Interior is really wide and you have a ton of headroom. Suspension rides like a dream. I take this crawling every other weekend and it takes every bump with ease.

I love the roof rack! Great styling! Has a compact look with all the punch of a full size SUV. The drivers side jockey box in great for keeping your wallet, cell phone, GPS, or anything else the driver might need to grab at a glance. Cruise control is smooth and simple.

More ambient lighting. when driving at night I can't see where cup holders are.(I've spilled my drink twice.) Needs a good place to mount a CB radio. Has a pretty poor turning radius. most streets need 3 point turns unless 3 lanes or more. There is SOOO much room in the roof, why not put a sunroof?

So Far, So Good
By Drew

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The wife and I bought one of the original '07 FJs back in March, and we love it. So far it's running perfectly. Up to 40,000 miles, and still not one problem (knock on wood), just as I expect from Toyota. Great truck. Incredibly fun to drive. Handles remarkably well for an SUV.

It's a love-it-or-hate-it look. I love it.

Hybrid or alternative fuel model. I'd never buy another car if I could buy an FJ with great mileage or that was -- even better -- gas-free.

Works as Designed
By Todd's FJ

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just sold my 2007 FJ. The interior is very well designed. Everything was ergonomically correct and easy to grasp (with the big knobs). As many owners on here, I bought the FJ because it was different. I grew tired of the vehicle after a while. Very basic interior and slightly rough ride. Not the FJ's fault. It is not supposed to be a luxury car! In three years of ownership, not one day in the shop. Great build quality. Bad gas mileage...like driving a brick down the road.

Very nice Stereo/Subwoofer. Build Quality. Size of control knobs.

Moon roof. After a while, it's like being in a cave.

Why not?
By Andrew

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I admit it, I bought the FJ Cruiser not because of the offroad capability , but because I thought it was cool. After owning it for more than a year and 24,000 miles, it has proven to be an incredible vehicle that will do just about everything and go anywhere. It's not a race car and you can't fly around corners, but it's a solid vehicle that doesn't rattle, shake or shimmy like my past 6 GM SUVS have done starting at 30,000 miles. It has a blind spot, get ready to look around it. That's my only complaint. It gets 22 on the highway which is respectable for a 4x4 SUV. If you are looking for a solid SUV that won't break down all of the time and won't depreciate then look no further.

Subwoofer, Rear locker, Easy to use buttons, water resistant seats.

An easier way to get to the back seat...it's a great truck...I'll make people climb over the front seats if I have to.

Loving our FJ
By BayAreaFJ

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife chose the FJ and loved driving it with our two young kids. It is easy to take them in and out of the back seat with the side-opening doors. We have the airbag package and it feels like they are in a vault. It has a hard, bumpy ride - as it should be, because this is no grocery- getter. This vehicle is absolutely no-nonsense and reliable, at 30,000 mi. with no issues, and none anticipated. Recently hauled three other guys for a mountain-climbing trip and the four of us were comfortable. One owns a new Jeep and lamented all the problems he is having already. We love this vehicle with no reservations and expect our kids to drive it when they turn 16 in about ten years.

Solid construction, washable seats and interior, strong roof pillars, three wipers, folding seats, stiff suspension.

Nothing of substance.