Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 309 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Best for the Last!
By patriciaah

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I Love my FJ. It's a 07 and I only have 8000 miles on it, but... It has never failed me. Winter in Mt can be brutal and while I don't do 4X'ing, I can count on it to get me anywhere I need to go.

I drove it 1 block and said I want it! I have never looked back. I had an Toy extended cab pickup, and loved it, but this has got it beat, hands down.
If you want one, better get one quick, because after this year, they won't be made any more. {It was a limited addition run}.

I've never had a bit of trouble, and I got all the bells and whistles, and then some. The brush guard gives it better cornering ability {I don't know why}, and the back up camera... perfect!

It's high up and feels like a big vehicle, but it's not really. Even the trucks don't dash out in front of me now. Love the fold down seats, lots of room in the back. And love, love, love that back door!

Get a wider rear view! Would help to see the areas that are not so easy to see now.

Solid
By

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned the FJ for 2 years and 62,000 km without a single mechanical issue to date. Have had the near-vertical windshield replaced after 6 months of ownership as a rock cracked the soft stock windshield. Handles like a champ in the snow. 4.0L engine is smooth and powerful. Has some straight-line tracking issues at highway speeds when there are winds > 30km/h due to the non- aerodynamic design.

Solid handling and secure feeling, tall seating position and performance of the engine. Easy to clean interior (no carpet). Niche vehicle - not for everybody and that's the way I like it!

Rear seat entry in tight parking spots can be tricky.

Jeep. Nah! Get the fj!
By FJfan!

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my black one in 3/10 w/ 50k on it now have 65k and love it! I have always had toyota pickups and jeeps and have always had a lot of fun, but my fj takes the cake! For the money you can't beat it's capabilities off road...and on. Takes corners well, accelerates nicely w/ a throaty stock sound, has a lot of room in the back w/ a decent amt of room in the back seat also. The back doors can be a bit of a pain when in tighter parking, but overall not much of a problem, still easy to get in and out. Slightly heavy in sand, but with the locker, not a problem. Get the rack on top if you're "outdoorsy"! Runs like a champ, looking forward to many more miles and some upgrades!

4wd, locker, roof rack, heater heats up quick, a/c gets cool quick (Florida), white roof and tinted windows keep super cool during the day, 3 windshield wipers (not 2) are cool, 2 dimmer settings on headlights (plus brights), airbags all around, lots of mods available online

improved visibility, sun/moonroof, more durable paint, more unique/full featured dash and middle console setup, able to open backseat windows (prop at least), improved sound system, side mirror heaters, more ground clearance with upgraded suspension...can't always have Everything we want though!

50,000 Miles Later, Still Great
By bayareaFJ

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 50,000 update to my prior review. No mechanical or cosmetic problems. Everything works like it should. Pulled my trailer last weekend like it's not even there. Interior still looks new. No light bulbs have had to be replaced. I love the cavernous interior and doors that close like a vault. I still expect my kids to drive it in 10 years.

Build quality.

None.

Teen Offroader
By Jacob

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this vehicle is great. When I first test drove one I expected it to have a bouncy ride and be bad in the corners. Prior to this vehicle I had a 1999 Land Rover Discovery and it took corners horribly. Now the Fj takes the corners like it's a car. The back-up sensors are great due to poor visibility in the back. I bought the car with 80,000 miles on it and it still feels like it's a brand new car. The only thing it doesn't have that my Land Rover had was luxury, but if you want luxury that's what the Land Cruiser is for. I've had no problems at all and probably won't ever. Pulling loads is a breeze with the powerful V6. It easily pulls my two wave runners. Perfect affordable offroader.

Love the back-up sensors, great upgraded stereo with subwoofer, and locking rear-differential. Excellent in snow.

If anything it could have more power but Toyota has already done this with the new ones. Or maybe come out with a special edition that takes away all luxury and is basically is a old FJ40.