Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews - 313 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

4 months and still a blast
By cjm

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 4 months and 7,000 miles I am extremely happy with this vehicle. It has excellent power and is very quick off the line. Entering the freeway from the on ramp is a blast, this vehicle flat out moves for an SUV of this type. Overall mpg (city and highway combined) has been 20.5 with premium gas. I find the steering very nimble, the FJ is fun and handles well in traffic. It is also very capable off road right out of the factory. The excellent approach and departure angles helped me leave my buddies behind. Their lifted Chevy Avalanche just couldn't get in to the places I took mine. This vehicle still turns heads and gets compliments where ever I go. You can't go wrong with the FJ!

Power, gas mileage, off road ability, powerful headlights that provide great visibility, ground clearance, aftermarket accessory availability.

Better rear view, work on blind spots, rear view camera should be standard. Windshield chips easily and is prone to being hit due to angle. Needs, sunroof, fog lights, more interior lighting throughout, better center console, true iPod capability, rear windows that open or roll down.

FJ
By JHONNY

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first car that I have owned. Just knowing that it was a replica of the first Land Cruiser ever build makes me feel good. The SUV feels like you are flying a plane. I just love it.

Low key truck, people don't know how spacious is it until they get inside.

Sunroof, on-dash navigation.

What a Great Car
By Rich Taylor

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it, haven't been this excited about a car since my '79 320i. People stop by and ask to see it. Stereo good, feels safe, like the flat windshield, surprised at the comfortable ride, first road trip was 1/1/07 on Hwy 60 Phoenix to Amarillo (drove around Road Closed signs East of Albuquerque and drove past fishtailed semis and cars in ditches from snowstorm). Not bad gas mileage either.

Looks, agility, stability

I can't afford gas already, what's with the premium requirement. Lights bright at night, get flashed a lot oncoming cars think brights on.

It's big, it's yellow, it's fun!!
By rob

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

A real fun cruiser. I have had mine about a month and everyday am impressed with this vehicle. Incredible off-roader. Built well and should be around a long time. Handles the snowy Ohio roads just fine with 4WD and traction control.

Rubber floor. Big interior. All controls easy to reach. Lots of headroom.

Improve blind spots. A backup camera should be stock equipment. Install turn signals in mirrors. Offer heated seats.

Love my FJ
By FJ Mom and Loving it

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my FJ for 1 1/2 months now and love it. I have 2 children under 6 and we fit great in it. We have way more room than our previous vehicle (Jeep Liberty). I like how the back doors open. It makes it so easy to get the kids out in our garage. It drives great and is very comfortable. My husband loves the power. The gas mileage is better than our Jeep so I don't mind. I get about 19 in it so far. We get lots of looks and people stop and ask to check it out. I love that there is no carpet. It makes it very easy to clean especially with 2 children. I like how far you sit from the front window it makes you feel very safe. The whole package is great I would recommend to anyone. We love it!

Rugged inside, cleans very easy, comfort, style, and power.

It has some blind spots that took a little getting used to. The side mirrors do help a lot though.