Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews - 309 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Whoa!
By paterick

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have about 1500 miles and this engine is more powerful than I realized. I never have to break 2000 rpms generally in town, it hums at 1200 rpms to 1400 rpms and that is accelerating from stop to the local speed. Gas mileage is very poor but that must be from the high compression engine. This car seems like it could use another gear which could improve mileage. Getting about 19 mpg. Can't imagine what it would be if I had a heavy foot. Women told me I looked handsome driving this car. Made my day.

Driver's seat and distance from steering wheel is great. I am a big guy. Ride is very stiff, but that is cool, almost like a go cart but bigger.

With the power this engine has it surely could use another gear, which could offer better gas mileage, not sure, not an engineer. Seems the rear storage could be a bit wider so I dont have to take my drivers out of the golf bag to carry them.

4 months and still a blast
By cjm

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 4 months and 7,000 miles I am extremely happy with this vehicle. It has excellent power and is very quick off the line. Entering the freeway from the on ramp is a blast, this vehicle flat out moves for an SUV of this type. Overall mpg (city and highway combined) has been 20.5 with premium gas. I find the steering very nimble, the FJ is fun and handles well in traffic. It is also very capable off road right out of the factory. The excellent approach and departure angles helped me leave my buddies behind. Their lifted Chevy Avalanche just couldn't get in to the places I took mine. This vehicle still turns heads and gets compliments where ever I go. You can't go wrong with the FJ!

Power, gas mileage, off road ability, powerful headlights that provide great visibility, ground clearance, aftermarket accessory availability.

Better rear view, work on blind spots, rear view camera should be standard. Windshield chips easily and is prone to being hit due to angle. Needs, sunroof, fog lights, more interior lighting throughout, better center console, true iPod capability, rear windows that open or roll down.

FJ
By JHONNY

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first car that I have owned. Just knowing that it was a replica of the first Land Cruiser ever build makes me feel good. The SUV feels like you are flying a plane. I just love it.

Low key truck, people don't know how spacious is it until they get inside.

Sunroof, on-dash navigation.

What a Great Car
By Rich Taylor

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it, haven't been this excited about a car since my '79 320i. People stop by and ask to see it. Stereo good, feels safe, like the flat windshield, surprised at the comfortable ride, first road trip was 1/1/07 on Hwy 60 Phoenix to Amarillo (drove around Road Closed signs East of Albuquerque and drove past fishtailed semis and cars in ditches from snowstorm). Not bad gas mileage either.

Looks, agility, stability

I can't afford gas already, what's with the premium requirement. Lights bright at night, get flashed a lot oncoming cars think brights on.

It's big, it's yellow, it's fun!!
By rob

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

A real fun cruiser. I have had mine about a month and everyday am impressed with this vehicle. Incredible off-roader. Built well and should be around a long time. Handles the snowy Ohio roads just fine with 4WD and traction control.

Rubber floor. Big interior. All controls easy to reach. Lots of headroom.

Improve blind spots. A backup camera should be stock equipment. Install turn signals in mirrors. Offer heated seats.