Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Best all around
By norman

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my FJ in January not really knowing what I was getting into. I had read all the reviews and looked at all the videos. My friends were trying to discourage me but I went ahead and got it anyway. I have to say with all my years in vehicle ownership this by far is the most well built, most reliable, and the best priced out of the box car I have ever owned. It drives like a car, it's a beast off roading, and is priced so anyone can afford it. Gas mileage could be better but the power and torque it produces outweighs it. Interior is surprisingly spacious with lots of leg room front and back. It feels like a solidly built SUV. Test drive!

Power, torque, water proof seats, great headroom, awesome speaker system, lots of leg room, water proof wire harnesses for water foraging, and the list goes on.

Gas mileage could be better, currently im getting about 19mpg, I wish it was around 25 mpg.

It rocks my socks off.
By back40

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love it. Man this this is fun to drive, look at and mod. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

The looks and ride.

Glove box light. light in front.

2nd New Cruiser and Feelin' 20 Again
By 73 Land Cruzzer

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 73 Land Cruiser in Burlington, Vermont and explored all the country around Plattsburg N.Y. and the Adriondacks. Then out to the Mojave Desert. Then back to the sand hills and mud of my home state Nebraska. I owned the LC for eleven years. In April of 2006, I purchased a fully loaded Black Cherry FJ Cruiser. I feel like I'm 20 again and once again love to be a proud owner of a Toyota. The ride and handling are excellent and with 1000 pounds of four friends, the acceleration was still satisfactory. I took it out to Lake McConahy near Ogalala, NE. and with 100 miles of white sand beaches and the water level way down, we had a blast using the high 4x4. FJ Cruiser good times roll.

Clearence and view. Good mirror coverage in reverse, daylight running lamps. Power, nice sounding acceleration. Good braking and warning others with the well placed light system. Versatility with the folding seats 40/60, 3 pt seat belts and front and side airbags give security for rear passengers.

Would like to see a green/emerald version for outside coverage. All in all, I really can't think of anything, unless you want to put a V-8 in the option package and headers with dual side cannon dumps before the rear tires.

FJ Cruiser in Sactown
By GC

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the FJ, but has some blind spots while driving on and off road.

Lots of power to keep up with the luxury sport utilities.

More windows, fewer blind spots.

First time Toyota
By Jack

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling in traffic and parking. Nice acceleration. Handles smaller than it looks. The wife loves driving it also, since I installed side rails. The blind spots are what they are, you adjust to it. I drove a pickup and I am used to using the side mirrors. I seem to have more a problem gauging traffic with the passenger side mirror than with any other vehicle that I have driven in the past.

The handling and appearance. The feeling that you can go anywhere, and it will take you no problem.

Operating rear passenger side windows. Map light.