Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 309 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

20,000 Miles in 5 Months
By Sky

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've put 20,000 miles on my FJ in the last 5 months and have nothing but good things to say, no mechanical problems and it performs better than I could have imagined. I have taken it offroad on some of the most difficult 4WD roads in Colorado and it has performed as well as or better than my 97 Jeep Wrangler. I have been on multiple 10+ hour drives and it remained comfortable to sit in (although on a 5 hour trip 2 passengers in the back seat complained about the rear seats being uncomfortable). Biggest complaint is that for a professed offroad vehicle the front bumper can not accept a winch and I am replacing it with an after market steel bumper that will. Very happy!

4WD capabilities; quietness (used to drive a Wrangler); size of the interior both cabin size and storage area; styling both inside and out; quality of the build, no squeaks or rattles even after lots of offroad use; it has a built in iPod connection; radio controls on steering wheel.

Visibility is poor, but you get used to using the mirrors and it is not an issue for me anymore; a stock steel bumper that would accept a winch & a steel rear bumper so it won't get damaged offroading, it is an FJ!; the rear seat should fold down flat so that the rear storage functions better.

Best all around
By norman

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my FJ in January not really knowing what I was getting into. I had read all the reviews and looked at all the videos. My friends were trying to discourage me but I went ahead and got it anyway. I have to say with all my years in vehicle ownership this by far is the most well built, most reliable, and the best priced out of the box car I have ever owned. It drives like a car, it's a beast off roading, and is priced so anyone can afford it. Gas mileage could be better but the power and torque it produces outweighs it. Interior is surprisingly spacious with lots of leg room front and back. It feels like a solidly built SUV. Test drive!

Power, torque, water proof seats, great headroom, awesome speaker system, lots of leg room, water proof wire harnesses for water foraging, and the list goes on.

Gas mileage could be better, currently im getting about 19mpg, I wish it was around 25 mpg.

It rocks my socks off.
By back40

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love it. Man this this is fun to drive, look at and mod. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

The looks and ride.

Glove box light. light in front.

2nd New Cruiser and Feelin' 20 Again
By 73 Land Cruzzer

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 73 Land Cruiser in Burlington, Vermont and explored all the country around Plattsburg N.Y. and the Adriondacks. Then out to the Mojave Desert. Then back to the sand hills and mud of my home state Nebraska. I owned the LC for eleven years. In April of 2006, I purchased a fully loaded Black Cherry FJ Cruiser. I feel like I'm 20 again and once again love to be a proud owner of a Toyota. The ride and handling are excellent and with 1000 pounds of four friends, the acceleration was still satisfactory. I took it out to Lake McConahy near Ogalala, NE. and with 100 miles of white sand beaches and the water level way down, we had a blast using the high 4x4. FJ Cruiser good times roll.

Clearence and view. Good mirror coverage in reverse, daylight running lamps. Power, nice sounding acceleration. Good braking and warning others with the well placed light system. Versatility with the folding seats 40/60, 3 pt seat belts and front and side airbags give security for rear passengers.

Would like to see a green/emerald version for outside coverage. All in all, I really can't think of anything, unless you want to put a V-8 in the option package and headers with dual side cannon dumps before the rear tires.

FJ Cruiser in Sactown
By GC

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the FJ, but has some blind spots while driving on and off road.

Lots of power to keep up with the luxury sport utilities.

More windows, fewer blind spots.