Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews - 312 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Big Blue
By BC

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Big Blue (clearly I got a Voodoo Blue version) for 3 weeks here's what I've found: when you walk outside in a blizzard and see B.B. (Big Blue will be referred to as B.B from now on) you will not be afraid to fire her up and go where ever you want to. B.B.'s huge tires, large ground clearance and generally toughish appearance lend an air of 'I can drive in bad-weather' that is - well, nice. She growls just a little when idling. Again, this is cool, impresses kids. Although it looks like a truck (I traded in a 2000 Ford Ranger for her), I say she drives more like a car. Maybe the wide wheel base - could be new shocks, not sure, the ride is smooth.

B.B. has a powerful engine. When we go storming up hills, there is no engine lag. When we decide to merge onto the highway, no issue. She gets to some number higher than 55 rather quickly. Also, the back has enough room for my golf clubs and garbage bags.

Yes it's true it is hard to see out of B.B.'s back window, cars have 'disappeared' in her blind spots. Not sure how Toyota could fix this. Maybe other car companies should build bigger cars? Me and B.B. don't mind though.

Loving the Toyo Retro
By Carter

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had owned a Toyota Tacoma doublecab for the last 5 1/2 years and was very happy with it. But it was time to consider trading so I considered my options. After seeing and conducting extensive research on the FJ Cruisers, I purchased one. Overall the ride and initial quaility are excellent. The ride as compared to the Tacoma is much more pleasant and the interior resonates functional quality.

No nonsense, straightforward functionality of interior features and adjustable controls, welcoming fit of driver environment and seating, imposing exterior stance and strong visual connection to years gone by safari images.

Cave like feeling for riders in rear seat. Sun roof.

TRD edition Rocks
By kbl1224

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my FJ for a little over a week and over 500 miles. All Black TRD handles like a sporty little truck on the backroads and highway but takes speedbumps and curbs without hardly much of a shaking! Sounds great with the TRD exhaust too! I have had two 4-runners prior to this ('89 and '98) and they were so reliable and tough off road, the FJ had the be the only choice. I tell all my friends who don't already have one or plan on getting one that this should be their next car!

Engine power, handling, style. Looks like the little black tank that could! Just fun to drive anytime, rain or shine! Makes my miserable 90 mile round trip to work so much more enjoyable too!

Besides the much needed sunroof, a bar across the front of the roof rack and a door over the center console compartment. Oh yes my wife would like to see a grab bar across the passenger dash. Would be nice to have a rear power window and/or tailgate.

H3 Killer
By DangerisFJ

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I needed a vehicle that could tow my trailer of two sport bikes but didn't want a truck. When I saw the FJ, I loved it! When I drove it, I had to have it. The motor has sufficient power to do what you need to do. The suspension is great and was pleasantly surprised on how well it handled. The interior is roomy. However, at close to $30k, it lacks a few amenities that I wish it had, i.e., heated seats, heated side mirrors, sunroof, etc. Mileage is horrible but all in all, it's a great vehicle and fun to drive!

Heated seats, heated side mirrors, sunroof, more fuel efficient motor!

FJ
By mjmiller

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like how it drives and handles. There are major flaws in the craftmanship though. The sun visors are so small they have no purpose. The stereo system is lacking. The roof rack is weak and I busted two supports already since they're made of cheap plastic. The engine is powerful and it is a lot of fun to drive. But the gas mileage stinks.

The ride, comfy seats, placement of cupholders and extra holding compartments.

Better stereo system and sunvisors. More scratch resistant paint as it scratches way too easily.