Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 311 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Loving the Toyo Retro
By Carter

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had owned a Toyota Tacoma doublecab for the last 5 1/2 years and was very happy with it. But it was time to consider trading so I considered my options. After seeing and conducting extensive research on the FJ Cruisers, I purchased one. Overall the ride and initial quaility are excellent. The ride as compared to the Tacoma is much more pleasant and the interior resonates functional quality.

No nonsense, straightforward functionality of interior features and adjustable controls, welcoming fit of driver environment and seating, imposing exterior stance and strong visual connection to years gone by safari images.

Cave like feeling for riders in rear seat. Sun roof.

TRD edition Rocks
By kbl1224

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my FJ for a little over a week and over 500 miles. All Black TRD handles like a sporty little truck on the backroads and highway but takes speedbumps and curbs without hardly much of a shaking! Sounds great with the TRD exhaust too! I have had two 4-runners prior to this ('89 and '98) and they were so reliable and tough off road, the FJ had the be the only choice. I tell all my friends who don't already have one or plan on getting one that this should be their next car!

Engine power, handling, style. Looks like the little black tank that could! Just fun to drive anytime, rain or shine! Makes my miserable 90 mile round trip to work so much more enjoyable too!

Besides the much needed sunroof, a bar across the front of the roof rack and a door over the center console compartment. Oh yes my wife would like to see a grab bar across the passenger dash. Would be nice to have a rear power window and/or tailgate.

H3 Killer
By DangerisFJ

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I needed a vehicle that could tow my trailer of two sport bikes but didn't want a truck. When I saw the FJ, I loved it! When I drove it, I had to have it. The motor has sufficient power to do what you need to do. The suspension is great and was pleasantly surprised on how well it handled. The interior is roomy. However, at close to $30k, it lacks a few amenities that I wish it had, i.e., heated seats, heated side mirrors, sunroof, etc. Mileage is horrible but all in all, it's a great vehicle and fun to drive!

Heated seats, heated side mirrors, sunroof, more fuel efficient motor!

FJ
By mjmiller

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like how it drives and handles. There are major flaws in the craftmanship though. The sun visors are so small they have no purpose. The stereo system is lacking. The roof rack is weak and I busted two supports already since they're made of cheap plastic. The engine is powerful and it is a lot of fun to drive. But the gas mileage stinks.

The ride, comfy seats, placement of cupholders and extra holding compartments.

Better stereo system and sunvisors. More scratch resistant paint as it scratches way too easily.

FJ Lover
By FJ Lover

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the FJ Cruiser after having driven a fully loaded Ford Explorer for the past 8 years. It's my first foreign car and so far I'm very pleased with it (only has about 1000 miles on it at this time). I've gotten about 20 MPG on the first 3 tanks of gas with about 50/50 city/highway driving. The ride feels tall but handles well and is quieter than you'd expect for a vehicle that looks this tough and is so utilitarian. I test drove the smaller Rav4 and Honda CR-V as well as the Honda Pilot and Ridgeline and Toyota 4Runner and this was by far, hands down, the most fun to drive.

Rides tall, rubber floor mats and water resistant seat (great for hauling scuba gear). Rear sensors are nice considering there are some decent sized blind spots.

Okay, so the blind spots - everyone knows about them, you just work around them with mirrors if you want to drive this car. I also miss the doors automatically locking when the cars gets about 20 MPH that I had on the explorer as well as the keypad on the door in case you lock your keys in.