Used 2005 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

The finest automobile ever!
By JHB

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has given me everything I wanted, including: dependability, low maintenance costs, phenomenal gas mileage, and an extremely low monthly payment!

My favorite feature is the great sounding stereo!

The only thing I can suggest to Toyota is to keep producing the car!!!!!

Echo, Love it !
By Frank

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The best money I ever spent on a car! It's a shame this car did not catch on with most of the public. With todays gas prices its a solution available today ! Its about half the cost of a hybrid, but gets 40+ mpg ! A great value. I was surprised how peppy this car is for a fuel efficient car.

Cost, mileage, high up visibility for a small car, some small cars feel like a sled. I like the center console, good acceleration and nimble. Reliable, never needed a repair.

Front seat could be more comfortable but its acceptable. At highway speeds, 80+, stability is affected by cross winds, within the speed limit its fine. I think they have HD sway bars for this in later models ?

small wonder packs it in
By Kimberly

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Echo. In today's times of rising gas prices, it's fabulous gas mileage and small gas tank feel like a relief.

I love the interior with its funky, off- center console and the "bubble" shape give it lots of headroom. Everyone who gets in says how big it feels.

none

I love my ECHO
By sue

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my ECHO in 2002. It is very reliable. It has not needed ANY repairs other than normal maintence. It gets GREAT gas mileage. I can drive my car to work for 2 weeks on one tank of gas!

Great gas mileage and pretty good pick up for such a little car. Very reliable.

More comfortable seats. I drove the car from denver to salt lake (on almost one tank of gas!) but I have to admit I was tired of sitting!

sami'smom
By sami'smom

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

With gas prices rising, I'm so happy with my Toy. Great for people on fixed incomes. Would consider buying another one when the time comes. Great in snow 1 foot or less. Front seat nice and high especially for elderly, and people with problems from the waist down, especially disabled transferring from wheelchair to car.

Front seat easy in and out. Back seat not bad.

Lower rear end making it easier for backing, expecailly for short people!