Used 2002 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Echo Is Our Best Car Ever!
By HARRY jOLLEY

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 2002 Echo new at the end of 2001. It has driven us to New Jersey, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Connecticut and more. This car has never, ever let us down. It plows through deep snow like it's a big car, it drives well in the rain, and withstands wind. On the interior, all those little cubbyholes keep the little car clear of clutter and the extra height is nice for the view on long rides. And, oh yeah, 25-30 highway mpgs even after all these years. We will never, ever, sell this car!

Leg room in front, nice, deep seats in rear. Fold-down rear seats. Huge trunk for such a small car. Miles per gallon are great. Favorite feature: those cubbyholes. They're all over the place!

A little more leg room in back, that's all.

It's all good from here!
By Joshie

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best car for your money. It is so roomy and has so much storage it seems unnecessary to have the amount that it does. I have had 5 people in my car and everyone fits comfortably. I am also 6'8" and I fit in with no problem. Although the fuel economy is not what is listed (28 city) I think I drive too fast to get what is listed, but highway seems very good. Even though this car is small it can sustain a speed hovering around 80 mph. This car is great.

The amount of space, price, fuel economy, reliability, and instrument placement.

The front grille is nasty, the head lights are ugly, but the rear lights are cool, the interior could be more modern.

Great car
By DICK STUART

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased for my wife and now we fight over who will drive. I always drove big cars but this drives like a big car and the reliability and gas mileage and looks have won me over. You get more than you pay for in this car.

Gas mileage, fun to drive, room in trunk and seating.

ABS, cruise control.

Wow
By Wow

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a great experience with this little car! Great on gas, great on oil! No leaking problems or burning oil at all. This car is quality. I commute nearly 80 miles a day, and this car has had no problems.

Gas!! Space and storage.

Possibly making the front end a bit heavier for snow travel (really too light for traction in the snow).

Great Car!
By Krystal

2002 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is tops! I got an ECHO in 2001 for Christmas, I've never had a problem with it (other than a recall in 2006). Starts up in bad weather and is a great car for teens. Cheap to maintain and the gas mileage is wonderful. I drove from Madison to Chicago and back (~350miles) and still had 1/4 tank of gas left! Very roomy, especially the trunk. People are always surprised how much room is in that small of a car. Extremely reliable and REALLY fun to drive (5 speed manual)!

5 speed. Trunk space. Speedometer placement (get comments on it all the time).

None, this car is excellent!