Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

I love this car!
By Rachel

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I love my Echo. It has been a great car. I haven't had any problems with it even after I hit a deer! I always recommend this car.

It actually does get GREAT gas mileage. It has more room in it than it seems like it would from the outside.

I would have liked for it to come with more factory options. I had to add cruise control, keyless entry, and tinted windows after factory.

I love this car
By cassandral

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 114k miles. It is my first car and its perfect for me. I was shocked at how much room there is inside-it looks so tiny from outside. Im 5'9" and I never have enough leg room in my moms car-2000 Dodge Neon. In my Echo I actually had to move the seat up so I was closer to the wheel! But yet its also small enough that I can park literally anywhere. It handles really nicely on hills and on curves, and barely takes any time to accelerate. The trunk is huge and has a really cute secret compartment with the jack. I havent had this car very long so I dont know about the reliability, but the dealer gave me a free 3year warranty b/c even he knows nothing will go wrong!

CD player, glove box, storage things under the wheel and on the sides of the CD player, dome light...I love pretty much everything about my Echo!!!!

The speedometer is hard to read because there are only numbers in intervals of 20-there are just little tiny marks for 30 and 50, and it would be nice to have more windshield wiper settings instead of just high and low (my mom's Neon has 5 settings) but these are very minor things-its an awesome car!

Echo ROCKS
By Echoluvver

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I have owned over 40 cars, and this Echo is one of the absolute best when ALL factors are considered. I used to drive 25,000 a year and have had big luxury cars that were great, but this little sucker is what a car should be. Fun, cheeky, economical, and reliable -it's a Toyota. I have the hatchback and love the look of it, too. All around its a blast. The seats could be improved but thats it really. ECHO FOREVER

Its fun and goes great, quiet cruiser, too

Driver seat on my RS is only average,

2000 Echo, loving it
By Al

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car for my son in May 2005 with 88000 miles on it and have since added 6000 miles without any troubles. It's a solid little car which gets excellent mpg. With the price of gas going high, I was lucky to pick this up.

I'm not sure this is a feature, but I like that the car has good pickup for having such a small engine.

I'm keeping it
By farmlassie

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

This car is absolutely wonderful! I have loved it from the day I bought it. We have had 3 minivans since we bought this car and I still prefer my ECHO. It is effected by the wind, but it is well worth it. With the price of gas it is a real asset to own. I would buy it again if I needed another car. It isn't the most comfortable on long trips, especially not having a right-arm rest for the driver. The safety is greatly appreciated.

The double glove box is wonderful and I love the location of the dashboard. It was a concern at first but now I love it. The trunk is large and being able to put the back seats down is great. I also love the radio/cd player. It handles great and you can park in almost any spot in the lot.

It really needs an arm rest. I would also put bigger cup holders in it, especially the ones in the front. It doesn't hold my 44oz. soda very well.