Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Love it!
By vdurbin

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I have had my Echo for 6 years. I am about to trade it in so I can have room for my son's car seat. I will miss it dearly! I have had no major problems. I just replaced the original battery. It still gets good gas mileage!

Lots of storage space, unique design

more features available- cruise control

GREAT LITTLE CAR.....
By DENISE

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

Bought my car brand new five years ago...just love it...love that it is compact and an easy car to drive and manage. And of course the savings in gas money...cost me now with the high price in gas approx. $40 - 50 a month...have had no problems mechanically until recent...the fuel injector went and the sensors...was surprised since the car has such low mileage. Was disappointed about that, cost me 600 to fix. Other than that I still have the original battery and just finished replacing the 4th original tire, which I do say, hugs the road better.

The stereo system is mint. Love the feeling of being able to oversee the whole road since you sit so high up. The comfort of the seats is great and the dashboard is unique. There is plenty of passenger leg room.

There are some blind spots towards the back of the car.

Bad car
By Toni

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I have had my echo since jan 1 2006 and I bought it with 75000 miles on it it seemed like it would be a good little car to get around in. But I have had nothing but trouble with it within a week the engine light came on so took it in and got that fixed and two days later the engine light comes back on it it keep jumping and jerking while I drive it so I had to get that fixed and a week after that something else went wrong..I have had to have it towed 5 times since I bought it..

It's roomy inside, liked the storage compartments

Make it more reliable so it will last longer

the best
By zaatsy

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

My Echo is best car I have ever owned. Totally reliable. 6 years and 192000 miles driven & all I have had to replace is a thermostat. I do keep on top of the maintenance. The inside is so roomy I don't feel I am in a small car until I see another Echo. The sound system is excellent. I would have preferred a little more body style and would have loved it if I could ever have achieved the milage of 43 mpg mentioned on the sticker. Small cars usually have no "get up and go" but the peppiness of the Echo is incredibly impressive. I love my car so much I wanted to purchase another. I was devastated when I found them dropped from the line.

The performance & reliablity. Regular maintenance and she goes and goes and goes.

Body styling. Some of us older people like an inexpensive small car that looks good, drives well, is economical and doesn't look childish. Some additional colors.

ECHO ECHo ECho Echo
By ECHO ECHo ECho Echo

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy my Echo! Its a fabulously cute car and all of my college friends love it! I would definitely recommend the Echo to a chic, young person! Its just almost too perfect! Beep! Beep!

The interior design and "cubby" space are my farvorite aspects of the car! I can fit so much into that little thing and the trunk is actually quite large for such a compact car. Its perfect for bringing things to and from school.

The pick up is a little slow, but I believe that is because of the engine size. Other than that, the exterior is a little on the "bubbley/cartoony" side.