Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Little Tank
By Jonathan

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Echo for 7 yrs and it is the best car I have owned. I have had this car where trucks have been stuck and it still keeps going in the snow. Seven years and 195000 kms later with proper maintenance all I have had to do is doughnut gasket struts and brakes once.

Long lasting and fun to drive.

No more 13 inch tires, they are harder and harder to find, as well it is not the best car in high winds.

Good for Gas Mileage
By AJ

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

The Toyota Echo is gets really good gas mileage and it has a lot more trunk space than you would expect.

Really good gas mileage.

I love this car
By Echo lady

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

I bought my car new in 2000 and have been very happy with it ever since. Have had oil and fluids changed regularly. Had timing belt and tires replaced. Otherwise, no problems. Always starts right up.

I can haul a lot in this car. I regularly bring my 2 dogs along; sometimes my husband comes with me and I stow his wheelchair in the back.

I like it the way it is. Wish they were still making them.

Echo life
By Angry Qt

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

This week I ended my affair with my 2000 Toyota Echo due to a collision, the car was totaled. It sustained front and rear damage and left me completely umharmed. By far this is the best car I have ever owned and I would recommend this car to anyone wanting a reliable car that is good on gas. Unfortunately I only owned the car for a year, but in that year the only repair I had were replacing the O2 sensor and the funny check engine light problem that was simply foxed by pulling a fuse out for 30 secs.

Storage and solid built frame (it kept me safe).

Folding rear bench seat.

Unbelievable for the price
By Carole

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

I've had my Toyota Echo for about 3 years now and still just absolutely love it. I've had no mechanical problems. I especially love the interior design. And the gas mileage is awesome. I also like the way the car sits a little higher than most cars... protects the muffler. Its such a perfect little car, I wouldn't hestitate to buy it again.

My favorite feature is probably the interior design and the stereo system. A real plus is the shelf underneath the steering wheel. Always a place to put something.

Tires are too small.