Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (55 reviews )

Go ECHO Go
By Speedy

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got this little car from my mom (she got it new) in Oct of 1999. She loved it, and drove it 180000 mi. with NO problems. Now I have it and WOW! 41 mpg AVG. and it's AUTO, and it flies. This is my 5th Toyota and maybe the best one.

Space and power, GAS!

Bad in the wind!

Can't kill this car!
By kosarin

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 2000. Other than initial problem w/o2 sensor, have had almost no repairs. Keep thinking of buying a new car but why bother?

Simple, reliable, good view of road, great mileage.

Slightly wider tires would make it handle better. Clock and intermittent wipers should be standard items.

My XMAS gift to me!
By TLR

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just drove my first Echo home! I bought it for $300 because it had a fender-bender and the driver-side strut was bent. I'll repair tomorrow for about $70! So much cheaper than my 1990 F-150. I rated it all excellent expecting great things from this car. The last small car I had was a 1986 Nissan Sentra. It was a fantastic car other than the rear wheels leaned in (weird camber design). With the way economy is going I am just so darn happy now to be a member of the Echo Family!

Best Car This Family Has Owned!
By Jason

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I forced my husband to purchase this car after many Fords and a variety of other American cars. The car will not die! It does leak oil after 130K miles! No smoke from the tailpipe. No major repairs just the brakes and oil. Just the maintenance. I love this car and right now with gas prices at $4 we cannot be happier!

Keeps going and going
By Scott

2000 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in October 1999 and it is still running well. Besides regular maintenance, battery, and tires there were 2 sensors that went bad but other than those minor things it has been perfect. The gas mileage is close to that of the top hybrids.

Gas mileage close to that of the top hybrids. Storage pockets and roomy trunk are a plus. You don't sink down in the seat - you are sitting up higher than you would expect.

No complaints - just wish the driver's side had more leg room. That is my fault for being tall. Outstanding job Toyota!