Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Keeping it forever
By jgc

2000 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 10 years ago. On my first long drive to Northern California , on HWY 5, I looked down at the speedometer and I was driving 105 mph. Honest officer, It felt like I was only going 60. No quivering, no shaking, no instability. Just a very smooth and confident ride at pretty high speed for this little coupe. When we first drove it home the neighbors with the big trucks laughed at the car, but when the gas shortages happened I was the one laughing . It's extremely reliable. No major repairs at all. Even though I'm shopping for a new car I won't get rid of My Echo. I just gave it a major tune up, oil change, brakejob, and changed a belt. Probably good for another 100,000 miles

The pep, quickness, and acceleration in my stick shift Echo Coupe. The fuel economy. 41 MPG on the freeways. 33 mpg around town. For a car built in 2000. Interior cabin space is really good for a small car.

I would suggest they they make the Echo again. That would be an improvement.

Best by Far
By vuduthmb

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I'm 57, and I have owned many cars. Nothing even comes close to the Echo. Ten years old, and still getting gas mileage close to a hybrid. Just change the oil and tires, it just keeps going.

I'm a big guy, and this is by far the most comfortable car I've ever owned. The interior design is perfect, with the off set, highly visible speedometer. Lots of head and leg room. Many little compartments and storage spaces, good cup holders.

A hot tub and a wet bar.

I LOVE this car
By Ronnie

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

It gets good mileage, average of 36 mpg, and it handles well for a small car. It's comfortable, though I find my shoulder hurting after sitting in it too long since I'm 6'1 and the armrest on the door isn't quite high enough to sit without slouching. The only problems so far are a catalytic converter and a charcoal canister. The Catalytic Converter was replaced at 79,000 and now needs it again at 90,000, that's a major expense only 11,000 miles apart. I do love this car, so hopefully once its catalytic converter is fixed it will be back to its excellent driving condition. The Toyota dealership was happy to see it and told me they are the best of the used Toyotas out there.

MILEAGE!!! It almost competes with hybrids. Room to move, being 6'1 there's plenty of room in there for me, other people are surprised when they get in about the amount of space since it looks like such a small car from the outside. Nice sound system. VERY reliable, I plan to drive it forever.

Car feels like it's going to be pushed into other lanes in high winds. A wider opening between back seat and trunk to put things through the fold down seat.

I just love this car!
By S. Bay

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

This car has been the best performing car I have ever owned, and has great gas mileage (almost equal to a hybrid).

The feature I love the most about this car is the placement of the odometer and gauges. They are centered in the middle of the dash in a console slightly angled toward the driver. Since I am 5'4, I do not have to look through the steering wheel to see the gauges, plus extra storage under dash.

Go ECHO Go
By Speedy

2000 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan

I got this little car from my mom (she got it new) in Oct of 1999. She loved it, and drove it 180000 mi. with NO problems. Now I have it and WOW! 41 mpg AVG. and it's AUTO, and it flies. This is my 5th Toyota and maybe the best one.

Space and power, GAS!