Used 2013 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great buy
By Kody

2013 Toyota Corolla L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car overall great on gas and low maintenance car. Not top quality but overall a great gas car.

2013 S Special Edition
By shuhratpopal@gmail.com

2013 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car brand new in December 2013 for 21000. Never had any problem with this car before this I had a 328 xi which gave me a lot of problems.
The car is small the back seats are not very comfortable but I love the driver seat. It is very comfortable.
Navigation is excellent.
MPG is excellent.
For its class I will give it an A.

My lease is ending & I am thankful it is.
By yoo

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

To get going on the freeway on-ramp, I literally have to floor it to get my 2013 Corolla LE up to speed of traffic. The shifting of gears jolts my car forward when trying to accelerate and I hate it. If I am going through a yellow light, I am afraid my car won't make it sometimes because of how bad the acceleration is.

I also had to get the radio and "sun roof open button" replaced because the white writing was coming off. I only had the car for 1 year when the writing started coming off and they told me not to use hand sanitizer and touch the writing...a bit upsetting.

Taking this car on trips is also upsetting because of the space inside. The car is very compact, especially in the front seat (Great trunk space though.)

This car is great for a first car, maybe for a new driver, but it was not for me.

Weak horsepower
By rfbry

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daughter's 16th birthday so that she could take it to college when she is 18 and it is perfect for her.
No problems at all.
With that being said, my 2005 Sienna was in the shop recently and I had to put my family of 5 in it to go around town in.
That put approximately 700 lbs of weight in the car.
This car was very sluggish with this much weight in it.
It had absolutely no get up and go to it. It is not a family car. My husband who is 5'10" had a really hard time fitting in the car and was very uncomfortable in it.
This car is only good for one or two people and that is it.

Reliability, gas mileage and style.

More horsepower and maybe a little bit more door space for people to get in and out of. My husband has to scrunch up to get into the car and is always hitting his head.

car making noise
By miranda5

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2013 toyota corolla LE last July. I've had two big problems so far.
1) screeching noise when cold start ( it has been going on for the whole winter)
2) starts from last month ( my car has 3500 miles so far), there has been whistling noise come from the front of my car when I speed up ( with the window open, I can hear very clearly. When the window is closed, I can barely hear it). The noise is really annoying......it makes me so worried...I'm so scared by car problems....
The reason I bought a new car is because I don't want to have car problem any more...but look at this...........
Does anyone has the same car problems as I do?