Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

OK car..
By w0by

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2010 Corolla S for a while now.
I'm happy that it's getting around 30.5mpg in the city driving, I don’t drive much on the highway.
The wind noise is pretty quiet..

Things I don't like:
It has a 4 speed automatic transmission, why isn't this a 5 speed or 6 speed?
Come on Toyota...

Loud road noise on concrete highways.
Very loud.
Unbelievably loud.
My friends 2010 Elantra is silent compared to this car..

I hear creaking coming from the drivers side front pillar and back pillar on passengers side.
I also hear a weird rattle underneath the dash that sounds like a tan can.
Who knows?
I've never had a new car with rattles and squeaks...??

Low wind noise, fun to drive, nice interior, the S looks nice and clean. Good MPG. Even if I have a lot of negative things to say about the car, I really do like the car. I test drove a lot of cars and the Corolla drives really nice compared to others.

Quiet the car down, include bluetooth and usb port like every other manufacturer, include a 5 or 6 speed auto transmission. For the price of the car this should've been included, I don't care if it's a Toyota or not. If you're afraid of reliability of other cars, just get a good extended warranty :).

Great Small Car
By mcdawgg

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a very nice, reliable, comfortable, and inexpensive car.
It is quiet on the highway, and comfortable.
Bullet-proof reliability.
Cheap to maintain, and great on gas.
Many people say the 4 speed automatic is old and outdated, but take another look.
That's right, the Corolla is just about THE most fuel efficient in it's class, according to Consumer Reports.
So, yes, a 5 speed auto would be bettter, but the 4 speed auto still beats just about all the other cars in this class, and it is very quiet.
The engine & transmission are proven - ultra-reliable for an automatic.

Fuel mileage, comfortable, quiet, RELIABLE, and safe. Paint is fine, same as other new cars, no issues in over 11,000 miles. Zero build quality or any issues - never been back to dealer except for free oil changes. Very easy to maintain yourself - only requires oil and air filter changes for I think first 100,000 miles. Although I will drain and fill tranny fluid a few times, change out other fluids at 75,000 miles just to be safe. New 2011 Corollas get 10,000 mile or 1 year oil changes. Roomy for a car in this class, and good trunk space.

Interior has too much hard plastic that is too easy to scratch. Move clock up a little higher.

You get what you pay for in this great big world!
By jamaicanred

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car seems to have had every corner cut possible to save money.
1rst, the paint is a joke.
Easily chipped, scratched, dinged. I feel that just by looking at the car the paint begins to peel!
Buy the paint protection if available, its worth it.
2nd, the car just feels cheap.
From the interior controls (ie windows, door locks, mirrors, etc.) to the body panels and trunk deck; flimsy, thin, & cheap.
13k miles and already had the trunk cable break.
My 99 civic with 209K miles never had the trunk cable break.
Leaves me wondering what will be next.
The drive train is about the only positive so far, as the motor runs smooth and the auto trans shift smoothly.
But for how long is the ??

Gas mileage. My GF gets 39 mpg on the highway. Layout of the controls is designed well. The ride is smooth and quiet as well as the motor. It's almost as quiet as a Prius. Trip ODO with outside temp & average mpg is nice. Steering wheel audio controls. Clock. Low gas warning light. Lots of compartments in the interior. Trunk tray comes in handy to keep items from rolling all over the trunk. Headlights are bright and project well. Headlights are also idiot proof as they auto-on when it is dark. Tachometer. Fog-lights. Sunroof.

Please remove the square dash corner that I smash my knee into when entering the vehicle. Use better paint!!! Good grief this car chips & scratches way to easy. Bigger gas tank! Better factory tires would be nice. Cheapest floor mats ever made!!! Camon man, you can do better. Tighten down the interior pieces better, way too much clangin and rattling when not on smooth surfaces.

Great value
By mrosloff

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

As a city resident, I test drove several cars in this category - Honda Civic, Mazda 3, Ford Focus, and Nissan Sentra.
I realize the category is not a luxury or performance car. Other cars have somewhat better interior quality, but I liked the handling and comfort of the Corolla best.
I do mostly highway driving or short trips in the city, but it gets great gas mileage and I think it makes good use of interior space. I still think it is a reliable car and great value.

Decent sound system Great gas mileage Great handling, especially in the city - easy to parallel park Intuitive dashboard controls

Could have somewhat better quality materials in the interior, when compared with the Mazda or Honda equivalents, but overall this is a minor complaint. Again, I do realize that I bought a Corolla and not a BMW or Mercedes.

Very Pleased
By daigs

2010 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I could not be more satisfied with my Corolla. Sharp exterior looks and a decent interior. Not the highest end interior but not offensively cheap.

The best part of the car has to be the excellent fuel economy. I average between 36-39MPG regularly. The the manual transmission, power is there when it is needed.

Is the car a racer? No. But for good, reliable, economic transportation that you're not embarrassed to drive, the Corolla is your car.

Looks, Fuel economy