Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great Car for the Money
By objectivejoe

2010 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car maintains great 30+ MPG even with a full load of groceries, kids and a dog (don't ask how we do do it).

Oil changes are the only maintenance we have done to it since we bought in 2010.

Very reliable.

MPG, Reliability, Great in the Snow (with the right tires)

Power windows and locks to the base model.

Good car
By w0by

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Corolla back in October.
I've had 30+ mpg since I bought it, which makes me really happy.
Now that it's been warming up I've been getting an average of 32.8mpg.
I'm happy with that.
I actually test drove quite a few cars, and kinda was always telling myself my next car would be a Hyundai Elantra.
I actually really liked the feel of this car when I drove it, so I bought this car.
I was reading the consumer reviews of the new 2012 Elantra and real life mpg isn't any better than my car.

gas mileage, nice to drive.

interior quality a little cheap, I hear creaking in the rear window, front window and ceiling. Very odd.

Loving my used corolla
By qtcountrybo

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got tired of $75 fill ups and bad mpg's from my pick up so I traded it in on my 2010 Corolla.
Love the $30 fill up and 35 mpg.
The car is very easy to live with and very simple to use.
I reliezed this the second day I had it when I jumped in, cranked it up and was flipping through the radio all without even thinking about what I was doing.
Normally it takes a few days to get use to a new car but not this one.
Its comfortable, quiet and very realiable. Its no sports car or powerhouse but then again, if thats what I wanted then I would have bought one.

Easy to use, no worries just gas and go

maybe a fice speed automatic

low mileage
By lhecorolla

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have it since 2010. I'm driving 80% - 90% on highway, around 70mph, usually full load, 4 persons. Now, it shows only 30mpg when I add gas. I've been watching in different weather, hot/warm/cool, it is around there. The meter in the car stills shows 36mpg which I don't understand. Can someone tell me why? how to improve it?

Engine Malfunction (Internal malfunction in the throttle body assembly)
By prabhu2

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had really bad experience with Toyota Corolla 2010. When I was driving, all of a sudden I felt that my steering wheel was tightened up and very hard to turn. Lights on my dashboard (ABS, ENGINE MALFUNCTION/CHECK ENGINE INDICATOR, BREAK, VSC OFF) were lightened up and my car came to a total stop after about 3 minutes. I was very scared as I had my baby and family in the car when this happened. I tried starting my car several times but it failed to respond. I towed the car to the local dealer.The dealership people got back to me saying there was an internal malfunction in the throttle body assembly. They fixed and I took back the car and I put another 100 miles and again the same incident ha