Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

CHEAP TO BUY, AND CHEAPLY BUILT TOO!
By retired744

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In April 2012, I bought a 2010 Corolla LE with 7018 miles, from a Honda dealer, for $13,685.
I bought it because of the advertised great fuel milage, and for the 8 total air bags ( small car safety ).
The car is a good vehicle for low speed local travel, but highway noise above 55mph is excessive!
I simply would not buy a Corolla again because of the excessive road noise.
This is obviously a cheap car, but the all plastic interior is disgustingly cheap.
I suppose I got what I paid for, but I now do NOT plan to keep this car.
Interestingly, someone else traded it in at the Honda dealership where I bought it. WHY ??
I am now planning to trade it also!
I made a mistake buying a 2010 Corolla LE!

Good reliability record. Good fuel milage. 8 air bags.

EXCESSIVE road/highway noise! Very cheap looking all plastic interior.

Best BANG for the buck!
By azghsthntr

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Nissan Xterra for a 2010 Toyota Corolla for $13.2 with 39k miles two weeks ago. I wasn't too excited about it at first as I love trucks, but going from filling up every four days to once a week, I cant beat that! I am averaging about 32 mpg with 90% freeway driving. The digital dash
options to view avg mpg, temp, time, and current mpg is nice. A/C blows excellent which is a must in this Arizona heat. Radio sound is nice. Motor runs strong for this little four banger. Interior looks and feels cheap, but I can sacrifice that for a more dependable engine any day of the week! We will be taking it for our first road trip this Memorial Day, should be fun and nice drive.

Smooth ride, sleek updated looking controls. Comfortable seats. Minimal road noise. Trunk and interior storage space. User friendly.

Upgrade on the interiors. Door handles and other plastic features look and feel cheap.

MagLuk
By magluk

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

So I wrote a review two years ago right when I bought the 2010 Corolla. A lot has changed and only for the worse. When I'm on the highway it sounds like there is something retelling around the roof, and I'm getting the feeling like the roof will fall off, it happens more on a windy day, also the car is starting to jerk when I'm in drive at 40mph trying to go faster. The car also has a problem with pick up when I want to accelerate and switch lanes. Over all I'm getting scared of driving this car, and I'm thinking of trading it in, not for another Toyota, I believer they are getting to expensive and the quality is going down hill. The dealer always has excuses on not looking in to this mater.

Well not any more, I had fun driving it at one point but now it's scary.

Well fix the retelling and jerking on the car and most of the problems go away. Don't price your vehicles so high it's only a Corolla and 18K + is to much. People will turn away from Toyota because they are getting to expensive and cheep with their material.

Disappointed
By windgrace

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2010 Corolla with 9500 miles on it for $15k last summer. It's been a horrible experience. On the drive home a rattle appeared above the driver's side window. I had to take the car down to the dealership once every week regarding the rattle, and they alternated between "It's fixed" to "We can't hear anything." Finally after 2 months they finally found the side air bag was messed up. I have numerous rattles in the headliner, still. The car is eating up tires, as well. Might be suspension issues, but I'm sick of dealing with the dealership. Hoping to trade it in for a new Civic, soon. Will never buy Toyota again. And on top of all of this, the interior materials are horrible!

Quiet ride, Easy to Park, Comfortable

Where to start: Better interior plastics. At least a 5-speed transmission. Location of the clock is absolutely bizarre. Seat fabric is cheap and attracts lint. Toyota needs to up it's quality control and make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. The rattles in this thing is unacceptable at 19k miles.

Exterior parts Built Like LEGO not CARs
By gmei

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had Corolla 2010 S model since 03/2011. Bought it brand new. After a year, I may have ran over the pot holes but that affected the rear bumper. During freeway trip, the two sides of rear bumpers opened up like two wings!!! It was so dangerous. I finally bang on those and got them to snap in place like legos, very flimpsy. When I took my car the the dealer folloowing day, they said it's not warrantied because running over pot holes shifted the rear bumper (lego out of place). My Godh!! This is car and it should be
nuts and bolt in place not plastic snap in place like LEGOS!!! It's not safe to be riding on these corollas. Prior to 2008 corollas are good but the later models are cheap!!!

Need to use more Nuts and Bolts. Cheap exterior parts that fit together like LEGOS need to go!!! They cheat to make car lighter and yield better gas mileage but not safe at all.