Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Fun little car
By al0751

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My parents helped me buy this car used when my truck started costing too much money for inspection each year. While I started out a truck man, and still am to this day, I love my car to death. It is very fun to drive. I get excited to drive it even several months after I bought it. The 5 speed is nice, however there are a few quirks with mine. The clutch pedal squeaks (quite loud when the windows are down and at a standstill), and the shifter also squeaks when I am shifting into first and second gears. Also, sometimes the back window rattles when the radio is on (volume and bass are both not very loud and it still vibrates). Overall, I love the car and will keep it until it dies

I love the amount of power this little 4 cylinder engine can make. If you need to, this thing will fly if in a low enough gear. It is easy to go from 40 to 60 mph getting onto the highway in just a few seconds if the car is in third gear. I also love the gas mileage I get out of this car. I have a heavy foot when it comes to driving. I get quite impatient waiting to get up to speed, so I generally accelerate pretty good, shifting around 4k rpms, and I still reliably get 35mpg combined. I calculate the mpg and compare it to what the car says, and the car generally says between 36-39, while I have gotten anywhere from 33-36mpg. Great car, great mileage, looks good, and really fun to drive

There isn't too much to complain about with this car. My only wishes was that there was more power (although you really can't ask for that from a 4 cylinder), and for the rear window to not vibrate when I turn music on. Other than that, I have no complaints.

The Spartan of the economy cars.
By stinkymcdugan

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is not a sports car, nor is it a luxury car.
It's a compact car that happens to be fun to drive and efficent.
If your buying this car to race it your buying the wrong car. If your expecting this to ride like a caddy, your likely to be disappointed.

If your buying the car to commute to work, and pickup the groceries this is a great car.
It is predictable, it manuevers well, it is easy on gas, and it isn't likely to break down.

This car will doesn't depreciate as quickly as the rest of the competition.
It's not as flashy as some of the others either.
The corolla is a spartan car. It does the job well, my last corolla had 340K and still didn't miss a beat.

fuel economy predictability cabin space affordabilty

I would like to see the clock integrated into the stereo. I believe subtle changes to the interior panels would make the car more appealing. Toyota should run synthetic in these models to make the frequency of oil changes less demanding.

Overall Garbage
By wicked31036

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got this as a hand me down three weeks ago with 32,000 miles. Ride is terrible. I feel every pebble in the road. Traction control stunts hard/quick acceleration at all speeds. Steering wonders at high speed. Cheap interior quality, the plastics rattle. Wind noise is bad. Cheap feel overall. Dealer has to do certain customizable feature for you.
My 2005 Civic with 183,000 miles was better in every way. Including MPG. (Note: I never changed the shocks and only did routine maintenance on it) And this car does not have as much room as the Civic. Civic all the way.

The windows don’t fog up easily. Better A/C than the Civic. Plenty of cubby holes for storage. Have not had any major problems yet.

Beef up build quality. Take traction control out. Use a mechanical linkage for steering. Work to improve MPG to par with competitors. Improve suspension.

Longitivity on parts - Brakes
By cirandousti

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2010 new model less that 2 years ago. Now at only 32,200 miles the brakes are gone on my car. When I called the dealership I was was informed that some New vehicles are being sold with brake live span of 15,000. This is seriously the reason Toyota is having horrid experiences with this vehicles and after the recall incident you would think that they would sell more "reliable" parts on their vehicles. I am so mad that I have dish out $$ on a 32,2000 mile car, that I will be seeking to trade this vehicle, recommend to ALL those who listen to NEVER purchase a Toyota vehicle.
I regret ever purchasing a Toyota and will NEVER purchase another.

Absolutely NOTHING

Get these vehicles off our ROADS!!!

CHEAP TO BUY, AND CHEAPLY BUILT TOO!
By retired744

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In April 2012, I bought a 2010 Corolla LE with 7018 miles, from a Honda dealer, for $13,685.
I bought it because of the advertised great fuel milage, and for the 8 total air bags ( small car safety ).
The car is a good vehicle for low speed local travel, but highway noise above 55mph is excessive!
I simply would not buy a Corolla again because of the excessive road noise.
This is obviously a cheap car, but the all plastic interior is disgustingly cheap.
I suppose I got what I paid for, but I now do NOT plan to keep this car.
Interestingly, someone else traded it in at the Honda dealership where I bought it. WHY ??
I am now planning to trade it also!
I made a mistake buying a 2010 Corolla LE!

Good reliability record. Good fuel milage. 8 air bags.

EXCESSIVE road/highway noise! Very cheap looking all plastic interior.