Used 2010 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Good car for the price
By Corners

2010 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Leased a 2010 Corolla S (auto) to have reliable, trouble free, safe transportation for the next 3 years. I have a second kid on the way, and while my car is not the "family" car (wife drives a Sienna), there are still times we need to use my car, and the Mustang just isn't going to work with a rear facing car seat. ;) Anyways, the car is very comfortable to drive, but in no way exciting. It's basic transportation, and does well at this. The looks are sporty, but that's as far as the sportiness goes. Power is adequate, but lacking. The 4 speed transmission is outdated compared to the competition. The rated city fuel economy is optimistic. 24 mpg city is reality.

Styling, cost, highway mpg, reliability, safety. Overall, its a very easy and comfortable car to drive. The steering does require more attention to keep the car traveling straight than most other cars on the road, though. This is a design flaw with the car.

For the power output, the city mpg is not living up to its claim. The computer calculated mpg is optimistic. In reality, you can expect around 24 mpg in the real world with stop lights, traffic, merging, a/c usage, etc. For how much (or little) power the car has, I'd expect more megs.

Good car!
By MJ

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2010 Corolla. It is the LE version. Not spectacular, but it is a Corolla, what do you expect? One thing I have noticed is that at half a tank of fuel I have 283 miles - no joke. I had a Tundra before, so I know how to baby and engine. Use the average miles pg display that continuously updates. You will notice that you can very easily keep it in the 40's or more. I am getting 34 miles per gallon combined. It is possible, just don't waste your time accelerating a 4 cylinder. I felt safer in the Tundra, but I prefer the fact that it gets over twice the mileage of the Tundra and that saves a couple hundred in gas a month.

Gas mileage. Cruise control. Auto mirrors; and other basic stuff.

I just noticed that the dome light doesn't come on when the doors open, and that is the first time I have been in a car that the interior lights didn't come on. I looked in the manual and they don't in this version. hmm.

Daytime Dashboard Lights
By Puzzled

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Toyota Corolla LE 2007 and a Honda Civic LX 2010 which had dashboards that lit up as soon as the car started and remained until the car was turned off. I bought a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE two weeks ago only to find that the dashboard lights are controlled by a sensor that begins when the car is started in a darkened garage but fade as soon as the car is in daylight. Even when the car goes through a tunnel or overpass, the lights don't go on. All the mechanics tell me this is the way it's made to work. To me, not having dashboard lights is a safety issue, and it should be rectified by Toyota. The salesman suggested that I cover the sensor. Why? It's supposed to work automatically.

Safety features such as airbags, heavier body frame, good brakes, nice interior, good air conditioner.

Fix the sensor or get rid of it altogether. Put back the lights on the dashboard that were standard on older models.

Toyota quality still slipping!
By DAN

2010 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Toyota and the worst of the lot. 3 recalls and several trips to fix broken trim, HVAC problems, engine issues etc. Toyota quality for 2010 is the worst I've seen, heard, or experienced. I think I'm done with Toyota and unless they do a quick turnaround, they are not worth their premium price. The interior design is lame and the HVAC system is laughably ridiculous - a chimp could have come up with a better design. The engine is already getting wheezy and noisy.

Gas mileage is great.

Get back to the basics - build a quality product! This is definitely not it. Scrap the HVAC system totally - it's insanely poorly designed.

Great Ride Great Price
By mpsmith80

2010 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great. For the lower end LE Model it has a tone of features. It Comes with cruise, traction control, Heated mirrors, 4 speed automatic, Tells you how may miles to an empty tank. For 16,000 I am incredibly happy with what I got. It's a Toyota and it will last forever. The only complaint is the gas mileage. For a smaller car it gets 24 city and 34 hwy. With a small engine and compact size I would expect better.

Lots of bells and whistles for a smaller price. Great acceleration and good turning radius. Makes taking those Portland hills a lot more fun.

Better stereo, improve gas mileage,