Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 294 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

3 recalls and counting
By Martha

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My car has had 3 recalls and a TSB. In the 14 months I've had the car, it has been in the shop 6 times. The steering still isn't great after the TSB. Toyota has assigned me a different first name from day one, and after many phone calls and faxes, I still can't get it corrected. Calling TOYOTA headquarters in Torrance, CA. IS A BIG WASTE OF TIME. I only drive this car around town and would be too scared to take it on a road trip. I owned a Subaru before my Corolla and drove it for 19 years. I would get rid of my Corolla tomorrow if I could afford to.

Size, great mileage, average 31.2 around town. I like the outside temperature gauge, and how the back seats fold down.

Move the clock next to the radio so it can be displayed all the time. I think Toyota should offer me a buy back.

Wish I had my Camry back
By RJD

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My '07 Camry LE was wrecked and not the same after being repaired, so bought this Corolla. MPG is excellent, but the interior is cheap, with hard plastic everywhere. Center console has uncomfortable hard plastic to rest your elbow on. The car handles well in the snow with the traction control. Outside/wind noise is quite apparent at times. In spite of these complaints, it's a very good little car and I'd buy another one if I had to, but wish I had my Camry back. The Camry was luxurious compared to this Corolla. This car sits low, making it hard for me to get out of, even with the seat elevated as high as it will go. This car will run 70+ mph on the interstates without batting an eyelash.

Gas mileage! Handles well. Very dependable little car. Have had no service issues at all with it.

Padded dashboard and armrest instead of hard plastic.

toyota corolla sport great value auto
By Bobalink

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Car is very dependable, handles good but steering is numb, the sport model has comfortable seating and good smooth ride. Car is responsive and will give 36-37 mpg on hwy with Cruise set at 73-74 mph., get 28-29 mpg. City driving. No problems in the 16 months I have owned the car & driven 10k.

comfortable seating, smooth shifting, excellent gas mileage, adequate power, good audio/stereo system.

improve rear/side visibility, heavier coat of exterior paint would be nice. Improve steering sensitiveness.

Corolla vs. Civic
By Kevin

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2008 Civic that was totaled and replaced it with a 2009 Corolla. The Corolla is much quieter and smoother on the road and the stereo in the LE Corolla has a much richer sound than did the LX Civic. The Corolla gets fantastic gas mileage, as did the Civic, 35mpg is easy.

Smoothness, quietness, roominess.

Make the auto driver auto up as well as auto down.

I love my Corolla S
By Ari

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my 09 Corolla S as of today it has 43k miles on it. It delivers on everything Toyota claims. Incredible fuel economy I commonly get over 40 MPG with mixed driving. On a trip from Sacramento CA to Los Angeles CA I averaged 45.3 MPG with the cruise set to 70 MPH and yes after driving over 370 miles I had over a half tank showing on the display. Styling is very impressive for a compact car. It gives you the feel of a much larger car while driving. Corners like a sports car with very little body roll or tire squeaks. I am the owner of a used car dealership so I drive dozens of cars on a daily basis I would recommend this car to anybody hands down!

fuel economy, styling, interior features, and comfort.

This was a tough one! I guess I'd use thicker floor mats I've placed a hole on the bottom of the driver's side mat from where my heal makes contact.