Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 291 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Wonderful reliable car
By jastin

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving my corolla for 95000 miles over just 3 years. This car has been on long road trips with no problems. Car is comfortable, very little cabin noise. Reliability has been exceptional, only oil and filter change.
Drive like the day I took it out of the dealership.

Look of the car, fuel economy, low maintenance cost, quality of cabin finish.

Available clock in center console (done for new model).

Great car, highly recommend this vehicle.
By adawg91

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have 72k miles on my car and it has not given me any problems so far.
Absolutely love this car and will be keeping it for awhile. Lacks on power on highway when passing but I usually put the car in 3rd gear and haul tail. I travel alot and have noticed my car gets around 40-45 mpg highway, thats when i add fuel cleaner and gas treatment.
I also put a k&n air filter in it as well and it has improved on performance and gas mileage. I had a 1999 camry and totaled it, had around 145k miles on it and it was also a good vehicle as well. Will definately buy a new corolla when i want a new car.

Exterior looks great, especially once i clean it and i see ppl turn their heads and look at my corolla.

Needs a sunroof in S model Needs more power while passing.

I've had Toyotas since 1971 My NX car Hyundia Sanota
By robertgdean

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

For those who own a 2009-2011 Corolla LE Things that were added "Great". What they forgot is to put a arm rest in center console. I had one on my Camry LE.1992..wished I still had the arm rest. CON.power steering goes out when U reach 15mph or then the transmission kicks in 3rd geer
when slowing down. I'm told that was to save gas/BULL For those dealing with the head rest, Pull them out an place them in backward. The seats. go to a junk yard and take out a Camry seat in good shape, get it. I drove back fr NC to NASH handling bad. used to putting one hand and was able to glide. Of all the cons heresAproIt has to be one of the SAFESTCARSon the road. I'm living PROOF myCorollaWillSaveUrLIFE

PLEASE do NOT buy this car
By chefgirl1

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Corolla for 3 years now. It had 57,000 miles on it.
The only cars i have ever had have been Toyotas.
Never Again!!
My accelerator pedal became stuck 2 days ago I was merging into oncoming traffic on the interstate.
I went from 35 mph to a sudden 75 before the pedal came "unstuck".
It was the horrifying! My car was not a part of the recent recalls. Until after the incident.
I am scarred to drive the car now.
I warn all owners and people looking to purchase! it can happen to you! I never thought this would happen to me ever!

I called the dealership when I heard about all the recall stuff. i was told by the service manager it was perfectly safe to drive my car. She told me it was built in Japan, and that it was not a part of the recall. The day after the event with the pedal she called me back and told me to bring the car in that she had just been informed of the petal recall. the said they performed test on the vehicle reading the edr box. they said they found nothing wrong with my car. no signs that the event had taken place. i told them i no longer feel safe in this car, please do not make me drive it. I was told i had no choice that they couldnt help me.

After much research i have discovered that there is no possible way the read the box. they only have one computer that can read them in the entire United States. I also discovered countless stories like mine. even on cars that have had the recall performed. What is wrong with you Toyota? how do you sleep at night? Knowing that people are in danger to drive the vehicles you have made. I seriously think they have a major problem. Please do not buy one of these cars, ever! if you have one and it gets stuck, neutral and all the way brakes!! I will pray for your protection if u r driving one....

40,000 and counting
By tboyd8701

2009 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Corolla S for just over 2 years now and put 43,000 miles on it so far. It lacks in the power, but makes up for it with 34-36 mpg. Handling is decent. Interior comfort is good, I drive for about 2 hours a day. I have not had any mechanical issues with the car yet and as for the recalls maybe people should take some defensive driving lessons or learn how to turn the ignition off and stop trying to get rich off of Toyota. Toyota was very good about taking care of the recalls and if I had to do it over again, I would without a doubt buy this car. Overall a great small car.

Gas mileage is great, handles nice.

It could use a little more power.