Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 294 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

33,333 miles yesterday
By daved58

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased the car in April of 2008. Have had only one issue of a rattle in the interior and was fixed in August of 08. I am 6' 4' tall and I love this car. And maybe the paint is somewhat thin since I have a few rock chips on the hood; as I have had with all other cars that I have owned. But I have to say that I really do love this car. No issues so far. The steering can get you into trouble if you are not an advanced driver. It is very easy to over steer in a critical situation. Had a lane encroachment on the freeway and it was a very exciting event. Be sure to keep both hands on the wheel....and please no texting while driving over 35mph. But I really do love this car. Would buy again.

XM, A/C works great....just a fun car to drive and cheap to operate.

Is Toyota losing their touch?
By johnhlanding

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second toyota and has come to be very disappointing. The build quality, cheap parts, and overall value of the car is terrible. My biggest issue is oil consumption. The car uses at least 1 quart of oil a week. The dealer says nothing is wrong. Other reviews online point out the same issue. My life now consists of weekly visits to an instant oil change place to get it topped off. Thank God it is free! Otherwise I would go bankrupt just buying oil to refill it with. The steering is awful at high speeds. I fear that Toyota is becoming the Japanese version of GM. I guess I will try my luck with Honda or maybe Ford if I am forced to find another vehicle.

The exterior design of the car has revamped the corolla.

Fix engine problem with oil consumption. Make interior less plain and with better materials. This cheap stuff that you installed in it is wearing out fast.

great car except for paint job
By warren65

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Hi I have a corolla le 2009. Its a great car no problems mechanically.
The paint job on the front hood has about 12
black spots on it they are very tiny but noticeable.
Toyota claims they are rocks or stones from the road and no warranty coverage.
Does anyone else have this problem? Still a reliable car.

The paint job!!!!

Wonderful reliable car
By jastin

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving my corolla for 95000 miles over just 3 years. This car has been on long road trips with no problems. Car is comfortable, very little cabin noise. Reliability has been exceptional, only oil and filter change.
Drive like the day I took it out of the dealership.

Look of the car, fuel economy, low maintenance cost, quality of cabin finish.

Available clock in center console (done for new model).

Great car, highly recommend this vehicle.
By adawg91

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have 72k miles on my car and it has not given me any problems so far.
Absolutely love this car and will be keeping it for awhile. Lacks on power on highway when passing but I usually put the car in 3rd gear and haul tail. I travel alot and have noticed my car gets around 40-45 mpg highway, thats when i add fuel cleaner and gas treatment.
I also put a k&n air filter in it as well and it has improved on performance and gas mileage. I had a 1999 camry and totaled it, had around 145k miles on it and it was also a good vehicle as well. Will definately buy a new corolla when i want a new car.

Exterior looks great, especially once i clean it and i see ppl turn their heads and look at my corolla.

Needs a sunroof in S model Needs more power while passing.