Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 292 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Love this XLE
By rev4

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This XLE is just a great car. Quality. Ride. Fuel Mileage. Comfort. Style. I bought this not for a "drivers car"...but for comfort, quality, ride, style... and it excels in all categories. I highly recommend this car for someone looking for all the above qualities. It is a "compact Camry"...btw...My other car is a 2002 Camry XLE...

Interior design and quality...very pleasant interior, quality, ride, fuel mileage..

Minor: the clock could be more centrally located and larger.......

Have some concerns!
By Jessica

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Corolla in May 2009, drove 6000 miles with no trouble. I drive short distances & overall was happy with this car. BUT last week the engine started to turn off in the middle of driving. It happened twice when I was going about 25 mph. I brought it to the dealer, they say nothing is wrong. It happened again at a red light, just turned off. I bought a new car to avoid repairs & wasted time, now I will be back at the dealership, no doubt to hear "nothing is wrong". I am very disappointed after all the hype Toyota & the Corolla get about being reliable. I would not recommend the 2009 model.

I like being able to plug in my Ipod. The new design looks great.

If my engine wouldn't cut out then they wouldn't need to improve this car!

Love my Corolla XLE
By rev4

2009 Toyota Corolla XLE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I am extremely happy with this car. I think the "road feel" is just fine. Anyway, I think the car is top quality, nice exterior, wonderful interior, great gas mileage, pleasant to drive in all circumstances. I am very pleased with this purchase.

Quality. Gas mileage. Pleasant interior.

The outside temp gauge, clock could be located in a better spot.

The Best Choice
By Gigglez

2009 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I recently brought 2009 Corolla about 1 month ago, used to have 93 Corolla with 185k miles. I drive about 25 miles a day on highway. There aren't any loud wind noises when driving 65mph, nor does the car shake.Great acceleration. I get about 36+ miles per gallon. I love the design and everything about it. Like everyone else said, the clock is in awkward space.

I love my sunroof, bluetooth, steering wheel mounts and XM/MP3/6 cd changer.

The clock should be somewhere else.

Toyota Corolla LE
By Toyota Corolla LE

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I trading in my 2007 Prius for the Corolla and already the ride, solidity and finish is as good as it gets for a vehicle at this price range. I find the clock is much better being more at eye level than over to one side. I don't understand why owners complain about it. It keeps your eye on the road. Truly a pleasurable driving experience. The automatic lights are great if you forget to turn them off.Only complaint is not having intermittent wipers. Overall, the best ever!!

Clock, turning ratio, quiet cabin easy controls, excellent visibility.

Intermittent wipers.