Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 293 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Worst car I ever drove
By Joni

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased the car a month ago and will be getting rid of it just as fast.  The car drifts on the highway especially in the wind in speeds of 50 and over.  You can't take your hands off the steering wheel even to turn on the radio. When driving behind a truck, same thing.  Can't believe Toyota could let this thing on the road.  Seats are very uncomfortable. Will never buy another Corolla again.

MPG is good and the car parks well and is good for going to the corner store but as far as taking a road trip you can forget it.

Do something to correct that drift on the highway before someone gets in an accident.

Good sporty little car
By Danw

2009 Toyota Corolla XRS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2009 Corolla XRS, 3 months ago. I like the car a lot, I drive at least 100 miles a day. I deliver for a living. I have had Toyota trucks in the past, and had nothing but good experiences with them. And decided to try a Corolla (a guy I work with has a 2003 Corolla with 220,000 miles with no breakdowns), thats one reason I went with the Corolla , don't like the space ship look of the Civic si. The only complaint I have with the Corolla, is the highway noise above 60 mph. Anybody else, have this complaint? Also, my left front tire is wearing, on the outside edge. Might be alignment, rotated tires and diffrent front tire doing same thing. Would Toyota cover alignment since I have less than 11,000 mls.

sporty looks, radio, peppy engine

Highway and road NOISE!!!!!!!

Not that great cheaply made interior
By allura

2009 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car almost a year ago, put on 3000 miles and did not enjoy driving this car at all. I just traded this car in for a prius (which I love driving). The interior is cheaply made, plastic, the seats were not comfortable. I would not purchase another corolla, the gas mileage was not close to what the invoice stated, paint was not that good, started to chip. I would not recommend this vehicle at all

the exterior design is fine, the interior is not great at all

interior is cheaply made, seats are not comfortable, gas mileage is ok, would not buy another corolla

Don't buy
By Or0213

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

One of the worst cars I have purchased. This car rattles all time on the inside. This 2009 Toyota corolla has already had a radio replaced and still continues to have issues with it.

The only best thing about the car is the MPG. But does not correctly show the correct fuel consumption.

Better Customer service. I have been to the dealership more than 5 different time and was told that by the management that there was no time for my car - that there are other cars to work on. Never will I get a TOYOTA again. VERY cheap car and not worth the headache.

Bad Steering
By flyointment

2009 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought an ‘09 Corolla. Immediately noticed wandering steering on the highway at greater than 60 mph. I heard that in some cases increasing tire pressure helps problem. Found out dealer had 40psi in tires when 30 is appropriate. I reduced to 30psi and it wanders more. Some people don’t have problems with it, but some cars are coming off the line with this problem. Have to have 2 hands on the wheel. If you take one hand off the wheel to adjust the radio (particularly if in winds greater than 15 mph) you may find yourself going out of your lane. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer who claimed to know nothing of the issue. It’s all over the internet and NTSB (25 complaints).

Manual gas cover and trunk release. Seat comfort, larger size.

Obviously steering. Clock needs to be always displayed, information screen.