Used 2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Boring but reliable
By loved10

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for going on 3 years and have enjoyed the reliability of it, but it is a very plain and quite boring car. I sure did laugh at the people lining up for gas with their huge vehicles when gas was $4.00 per gallon and I was still cruising on the same tank I had for 2 weeks, however I do usually get only 28 mpg out of it which is less than I expected(lead foot). I hate being afraid that I will not make it fast enough to merge. The 1.8L engine is lagging and leaves a lot to be desired. When the condenser went on my AC it was NOT covered by their extended warranty which was a huge let down and expense. Overall this car gets me from A to B and starts up every morning.

Gas mileage and reliability.

Better more exciting interior and exterior. A quicker engine, better extended warranty, an engine that is not recalled.

Ughhhh
By akristakat1982

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Corolla brand new and have had issues since the first month I had it. My tire pressure light goes off every time there's a slight change in temperature, even though the PSI is what it's supposed to be. I was told by the service dept. that it was a faulty sensor, and they didn't know if it would be covered by warranty. Then there has been the recalls, which happens with any manufacturer. However, today I brought my car in for my 30k mi. service and they discovered my water pump was leaking (covered by warranty) and my drivetrain belt needed to be replaced. I bought a new car, and specifically a Toyota, to avoid having constant issues while I was paying on it.

Great on gas, good daily driver (when the tire pressure light isn't constantly coming on), comfortable seats

The black color on the radio face plate started wearing off within the first month of ownership, the material should be changed.

Overall a good basic car
By Peyin

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Performance is adequate for a four banger with a 1.8 liter. Economy is excellent, seats are not all comfortable for tall or bigger people, the ride is bouncy, ac feels great, its a pity to say but definitely feels like its made in the USA, at a little less than 30,000 miles, as a 20 yr Toyota owner I can testify that Toyota quality has been compromised .

gas mileage

Toyota needs to return to high quality materials, which will bring back reliability and confidence in there vehicles/ products. Toyota biggest mistake is trusting that there vehicles be built by Americans whom use unreliable and cheap parts.

Bar None best car for your money
By texas toyota

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Recently drove from Abilene, tx to Dallas and back. My corolla got 37.5 miles per gallon. And that's with the a/c on. Idling in drive through, my lead foot, and pulling over 10 times on the way there and back. Love how cheap the vehicle was. And it is perfect for my family.

i love everything about it.

Umm, I cant think of any. I would say better mileage, but thats as good as it gets especially if you have a full load of passengers and cargo it's just enough.

Poor Corolla
By Lana

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this car, I knew it was going to be for utilitarian purposes only, school, work, errands. After all, that's all that this car is good for. After 2.5 years driving it after buying it brand new, I got bored with it and sick of hearing the engine strain to accelerate and pick up reasonable speed. The car drives well, seeps on gas slowly (I could drive 2 weeks without filling up), but it is not a fun car. Very dependable, never had an issue with it after 20,000 and going.

Very good gas mileage. With my conservative driving, I got 33 mpg on it! And I laughed at all the other cars when gas was $4/gal.

Boring driving, strained noisy acceleration, not smooth (what do you expect?), noisy road, tire pressure gauge too sensitive with sharp weather temperature changes