Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Dollar for Dollar, You Can't Go Wrong
By Scott W.

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2007 Toyota Corolla from the dealer new in Jan of '07. Overall, I went with the Corolla based purely on the proven track record of its reliability. It hasn't let me down. Only maintenance I perform is changing the oil every 5k miles (I've used synthetic since the first change at 2000 miles). The engine runs like new. Tires have been replaced (upgraded to 205/16 from 185/15) with some 90,000 mile Michelin Hydro-Edge so I think they will be the last set I buy before I trade it in. I will perform a full maintenance at 90,000 miles just to be safe.

Gas mileage. Seats are pretty comfortable to me(5'9" 170 lbs). I think they are the old 2006 Toyota Camry seats.

This car picks up a lot of road noise but getting the new tires actually helped it some. I would like to see the db's lowered in the interior.

Boring
By Cantonlax

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car has proved to be very reliable, cheap and efficient, but little else. Gas mileage is high around 30mpg mixed, the interior is well designed and I like the layout. There is plenty of room inside and the outside has a nice style to it. This car is great for those who just want to get from point A to point B in a quiet efficient manner. Nothing about this car is exciting, fun, or comfortable. The seats are awkward and the steering wheel position is out of place. My "premium" wheels began to rust at 20,000 and my tires didn't even last 40,000 miles. This car has been OK to own, but I think next time I will give more thought to my purchase and pick something with more of everything.

Interior styling, control layout, body design.

Needs more horsepower! This is a weak machine that is no fun to drive. The drivers seat is uncomfortable and in an awkward position. The car has a cheap feel t it. Very utilitarian feel to the whole Corolla experience. Nicknamed mine "the appliance" because of the bland experience of owning one.

Lousy gas mileage
By Roger

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my corolla ce automatic at 74,000 miles. Happy with car except lousy gas mileage. Good power but sucks gas at 21.5 mpg all city and 34 mpg all highway. So far I have refilled about 10 tank fulls. I drive very smooth & easy! Voluntary smog check showed exhaust extremely clean. Idle a bit rough compared to other 4 cylinder cars. Tire pressure ok. Also the ride is extremely harsh. Back suspension very stiff so car with driver only rides like an old stage coach across the plains. With 4 people, full gas tank and luggage ride is acceptable. Very weak overhead dome light and works very flaky at times.

Easy access to engine components under hood. Transmission smooth and shifts nicely.

Tell the Truth on gas mileage. My friend has a 2010 corolla and gets 20 mpg in city with 5 tanks full so far. Maybe locate brighter bulb for my dome light. Maybe dealer offers softer rear shocks and springs for my 2007. Low beam headlights very weak but high beams excellent.

Gerat car
By roro

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it 4 years ago. It is so reliable and gives you the best gas mileage ever. 38 mpg on the highway and it is comfortable to drive

MPG and it's reliable

ABS breaks and traction control are a must and more horsepower, at least 25 more

good car but
By steve

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car three years ago and it was a demo with 1,200. I traded in a 1998 Camry which was a great car. After driving this for one day I was realized what a mistake I had made, the road noise was atrocious. It gets great gas mileage, as high as 40 mpg on a road trip, 32 as an average, but the headlights are terrible at night on regular beam, in fact it is downright dangerous. I am in process of trading the corolla in on a Hyundai sonata, 2011. I have bought toyotas for years but since about 2007 and after, you read more bad than you do good about toyotas.

gas mileage is great. car is dependable.

road noise, headlights at night. i also get that weird noise off the windshield as other people have written about. Toyota needs to get their act together if they want to my business again.