Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

This is a great Car
By jhonsonjr

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought our corolla with fourteen thousand miles on it. It was about eighty eight thousand now and it has been great. It has ran great it is safe ( proof from being in a hit and run at 55 mph) And it has been the car that saves us money on gas I would recommend this car to any one.

Good value for an inexpensive car.
By rrtxcorolla

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Corolla S brand new in '07. It is 04-2011 now. I put 99.7% of the 65,000 miles on it myself.

I have only done routine maintenance to date. Brakes and tires at 59,995 miles, Synth Oil changes every 7,500 miles, engine air filters every 15,000 miles, and cab filters every 30,000 miles. I'm planning on replacing belts and plugs at 75,000.

It delivers 28 mpg in the city, and 38-42 on the highway depending on how fast I drive. I have had NO problems. None.

This isn't a luxury car. It isn't a sports car. It isn't a tiny car. What it is, is a good, dependable small-car with a low cost of operation
Everything works like it did when I drove it off the lot brand new.

It isn't a feature ridden car. Sure it has amenities like PS, PB, IWW, A/C, PW, PDL & Automatic lights. Those are more std. features these days. Nothing to brag on, but it is "nice" and well laid out. Comfortable? eh,... Well it's not UNcomfortable.... I didn't buy it for a plethera of features. I bought it because gas had spiked to $3.00 a gallon and I saw the writing on the wall that driving was going to become a "larger than I wanted" line item on the monthly bill spreadsheet. This car just works as promised and does it with minimal expense. Typical Toyota reliability and quality. Looking for a + 250,000 mile relationship with this car. I think I will get it.

Interior road-associated noise is higher than I want it to be. I can fix that, but it is a hassel to add the sound deadening material required to do that. It is only a real issue on textured road surfaces and road chip tarmac. (maybe 20% of the roads I drive?) I may get around to that by 100K miles. Driving on that 20% is uncomfortably loud at times. Steering wheel mounted controls would be nice. Bluetooth too. Paddle shifters? maybe. I don't know, the rest of it seems to be fine for the class of car it is competing in.

We Expected Much Better
By waldteufel

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Our 2007 Corolla LE AT was our fifth new Toyota purchase since 1989, and it will be our last.
The quality of design and build, ride and fuel economy of this vehicle are very poor.
The AC compressor didn't work from the start due to a small projectile impact that damaged the fins; the thing is placed low, in front and has more than a foot of open air space between it and the road.
$1,200 to replace it.
The road noise, stiff ride, and engine vibration is off the chart awful, but what worries me is the loud ticking when the engine is cold.
It sounds like the valves/lifters are starved for oil, or what Toyota service people call "normal."

The seat fabric, dash, really all interior fit and finish are very nice. Changing the oil, oil filter and air filter is easy.

Too late, we saw Toyota products and service go downhill - this wasbefore the recent recalls and bad press. We had already passed over Toyota when we purchased a new vehicle in 2009, no regrets there.

Ordinary with Hiccups
By kk2482

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 07 Corolla brand new. It now has over 60k miles. My car is immaculately maintained. Sorta fun to drive. Comfortable seats. Great reaction time when driving. Only hiccups I've had: The keyless entry for some reason stopped working about four months ago. Dealership says I need to get it reinstalled and they don't cover it.
Yet my friend with an 03 Corolla has never had her keyless entry maintenanced and it works flawlessly. Odd.
Oh also sometimes the windows don't work. The driver side door lock button will not unlock the doors, yet it will lock them.
Electrical issues are popping up everywhere seems like. Good car overall, minus hiccups. Hope this helps!

great mileage out of brakes, to this day gets really good MPG (been getting 42MPG on road trips over 3hrs of highway) and maintains about 32MPG in the City,

For some reason ABS is NOT a standard feature on Toyotas, keyless entry and electrical basics must be improved

"Just" What I Paid For
By jdeb3456

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Reviews on this site vary significantly, I thought I would share my ongoing experience with this car. I have 62,000 original miles without any problems at all. Gas mileage averages 32 MPG in mostly city driving, including green light burnouts on a mad dash to work. Highway mileage is usually about 37 MPG, but once again, I am an aggressive driver by Corolla standards. Always careful to perform the service every 5,000 miles, including more elaborate and expensive service at 30k and 60k. I have already replaced the belt. Engine control module recall is pending, but no problems yet. Replaced OEM Goodyear Integrity tires at 40k with Michelin HydroEdge, the tires I recommend for this car.

Interior and exterior design are both simple and elegant. No fancy Bluetooth or GPS, so it can't break, right? Car is "just" nice enough to present to strangers, "just" big enough for 4 adults, "just" expensive enough to not seem cheap. Power package on my base model provides plenty luxury for me.

A more solid bet for a used car you can't find; the last Corolla from the good old days. Car is supposedly unsafe with standard brakes rather than ABS, and yet the car always stops on command. OEM hubcaps will fly off; buy 3rd party caps or just get alloys.