Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

My first and last Toyota
By lkt82961

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car recently with 35,000 miles.
I can't say much about the reliability yet, however, this car has a really rough ride as compared to my Nissan Sentra and Honda Civic.
The rough ride was unbearable so I spent $590 on Michelin Defender tires which have improved the ride, but it still rides rougher than the other two cars I mentioned.
The handling on turns is also poor and there is a rattle in the back ceiling that has been reduced with the new tires, but the car still tends to vibrate and bounce.
Also the driver door locks to not work.
It also has a very high idle and I don't believe I am getting as good of gas mileage as my other two cars.
I am considering reselling.

It needs whatever improvements to give it a smoother ride. Original tires were horrible.

toyota service
By kevin145

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

front brake locked up my dealer changed flex hose ,piston in caliper then the abs box 3 different times. cost over 1000.00 still never fixed it. said want my money back ,he said it was my fault i put dirtybreak fluid in it i said this is first problem ever had and you the dealer was only one worked on it he said tobad your not getting nothing back got mad took car to local mech fixed it for 100.00 last toyota i will ever own of any make .service is poorer then poor.now i just recieved recall on computer lol

Great Vehicle for the price
By txiong71

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great dependable vehicle with good gas MPGs. Of all 4 years that I have owned this vehicle I have never experienced any major issues with the car. The only problem that I had with it was taking it back to the dealership to fix the molding on the roof of the car that had become unbent.

Favorite part of the vehicle-- It was a little bigger than the Yaris and kept me from hitting my head on the way in and on the way out of the vehicle.

Sways too much in the wind, but I would take that over paying too much in gas.

This is a great Car
By jhonsonjr

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought our corolla with fourteen thousand miles on it. It was about eighty eight thousand now and it has been great. It has ran great it is safe ( proof from being in a hit and run at 55 mph) And it has been the car that saves us money on gas I would recommend this car to any one.

Good value for an inexpensive car.
By rrtxcorolla

2007 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Corolla S brand new in '07. It is 04-2011 now. I put 99.7% of the 65,000 miles on it myself.

I have only done routine maintenance to date. Brakes and tires at 59,995 miles, Synth Oil changes every 7,500 miles, engine air filters every 15,000 miles, and cab filters every 30,000 miles. I'm planning on replacing belts and plugs at 75,000.

It delivers 28 mpg in the city, and 38-42 on the highway depending on how fast I drive. I have had NO problems. None.

This isn't a luxury car. It isn't a sports car. It isn't a tiny car. What it is, is a good, dependable small-car with a low cost of operation
Everything works like it did when I drove it off the lot brand new.

It isn't a feature ridden car. Sure it has amenities like PS, PB, IWW, A/C, PW, PDL & Automatic lights. Those are more std. features these days. Nothing to brag on, but it is "nice" and well laid out. Comfortable? eh,... Well it's not UNcomfortable.... I didn't buy it for a plethera of features. I bought it because gas had spiked to $3.00 a gallon and I saw the writing on the wall that driving was going to become a "larger than I wanted" line item on the monthly bill spreadsheet. This car just works as promised and does it with minimal expense. Typical Toyota reliability and quality. Looking for a + 250,000 mile relationship with this car. I think I will get it.

Interior road-associated noise is higher than I want it to be. I can fix that, but it is a hassel to add the sound deadening material required to do that. It is only a real issue on textured road surfaces and road chip tarmac. (maybe 20% of the roads I drive?) I may get around to that by 100K miles. Driving on that 20% is uncomfortably loud at times. Steering wheel mounted controls would be nice. Bluetooth too. Paddle shifters? maybe. I don't know, the rest of it seems to be fine for the class of car it is competing in.