Used 2007 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Suspension Issues
By RCB

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I drove my Corolla for a year with the impression that it had a big-car feel and a very smooth feel (smoothest ever in fact). Then something broke, and the dealership has been unable to fix it. Now I do not feel safe driving on the interstate because if I hit even a small bump (and especially a series of small bumps) it feels like I am going to loose control. At slower speeds, it is just uncomfortable to drive on anything but the smoothest of roads. The dealership claimed to replace the front struts, and maybe they did because it did seem to reduce the rough feel for a 1-2 days.

It passes all minimum acceptability requirements except for the issue above.

The car could/should be a little wider, especially through the front cabin area, and lower to the ground for better cornering.

Corolla CE
By Charles

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got a great deal on this little car more than a year ago and wanted to write a review. It's been a great for in town and it drives well on longer trips. Our two children fit easily in the back seat and the trunk has plenty of room for short trips. We have a manual and our average gas mileage is 32 mpg in town and 38 mpg on the hwy. I think it is the best bang for the buck when compared to other manufactures. My experience has been great with all Toyota products.

Outside temp gauge. Daytime driving lights. Nice stereo for an entry level car. Toyota quality. Great on gas.

None that I can think of. For an entry level car it's the best bang for the buck.

Great Little Car
By Fixx33

2007 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daily commute (about 55kms one way). I bought the SE (special edition) so it came with a sunroof. I was a little annoyed it didn't come with cruise control. The car has plenty of pickup for merging onto the highway and bombing around the city. Gas mileage was a little less than promised but still good. I would agree that the steering wheel position is difficult for taller drivers. It can be difficult to grab the steering wheel while finding a comfortable location for you legs. Plenty of space for a commuter car and lots of trunk room. Almost two years later no mechanical issues and the price was right.

Sporty looks, plenty of pickup for a small car.

Steering wheel location. Cruise control as an option for the CE.

Great MPG but small.
By DnA

2007 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car as a downsize from an SUV because of gas mileage and gas prices. The Corolla has great gas mileage, we average between 32 and 35. Handles well and looks good. It is so small though. The door pockets are not large enough to put much in. There needs to be a trunk release on the keypad. It would also be nice if the direction and temperature indicator was on the rearview mirror instead of the dash. The front drivers seat can be raised... it would be nice if the passenger seat raised as well. The map lights on the rearview mirror are nice. The passenger can have it on tp read a map or whatever without it disturbing the driver.

Gas mileage. We went from 16 in our other vehicle to 32-35 in the Corolla. Has some good punch for a small car.

Some features too small. No trunk release on keypad. It would be nice if the horn beeped when you lock the car with the keypad so you know it's locked. Shifter can be knocked into neutral while driving just by bumping it or something sliding into it when you are stepping on the brake.

my corolla s
By J.A.O

2007 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Corolla S. One thing I like the most is the money I save on gas. Also I like the sporty design but they should add a remote trunk opener, a little big horsepower and room in this S model. Other than that this car is great.

Body kit on S models and rear spoiler.

Remote trunk opener more room and horsepower.