Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Rolla not for tall people
By ROLLA

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really like this car and could brag about it for days when it comes to styling, reliability and gas mileage. Here is a list of things I hate about it. The driver's seat does not go back enough. No standard cruise and the standard wipers lack intermittent feature other cars have. The biggest thing is that stupid buzzer for no seat belt. How many times do you get rolling before getting the belt on or want to make a quick stop so you take the belt off before stopping. That stupid buzzer noise drives me nuts. I have driven many cars over the years both newer and older and none of them irritate me like this one.

gas mileage, reliability, styling

seat, buzzer, wipers

2006 Toyota Corolla LE
By K

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2006 Toyota Corolla LE. It has never given me any problems. Only routine maintenance. I love the great fuel economy especially because of high fuel costs. It also handles much better than even the Mustang. My Corolla handles better at 100mph that the Mustang at 75. I love my car and was glad I invested in it

Great mileage and reliability
By happy2own

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The S model is a fun car to drive with great mileage on long trips (up to 41). It gets better mileage than my old 96 with more power. The 5 speed transmission is not the smoothest shifter I've owned but it makes the car seem more powerful. The exterior looks sporty with the body kit, spoiler, and fog lights. The interior has nice build quality and the trunk size is more than proficient. No mechanical problems at all. I've never been to the shop since I change my own oil. I would definitely recommend.

Looks nice, great mileage (up to 41 MPG), sunroof, trunk space, interior fit and finish, low maintenance costs including cheaper tires. Good acceleration with Manual Transmission.

Annoying beeping seat belt indicator (Shut up already!), back seats do not fold completely flat, no trunk opener on keyfob. Grinding shifting sometimes if clutch not completely pushed to floor. Better fit for shorter drivers.

A great car to have
By JR

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Corolla for almost 2 years now, and I must say, I enjoy driving this car. Power isn't the best, but its enough to do what you have to do. Ride quality is good. Highway driving is what I think the Corolla is bred for. Its quiet and gets you from point a to b without draining your pockets. I would suggest, if equipped, use the cruise control. It helps the car perform and keeps the speed maintained without hesitation. To get the best out of this, use 93 oct. fuel. Although it costs more, it's really worth it.

Body kit (ground effects), Interior color, sound system.

Bigger engine and 5spd auto trans. would be nice.

Not impressed
By Wikoff7

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a lightly used, low mileage Corolla S rental return in Feb, 2006. Mechanically, the car has been fine, mileage good, but the paint quality is poor and the road noise is terrible. Toyota quality is going downhill. I have owned several Toyotas, but this is the the last one I will ever buy, unless Toyota significantly improves quality.

Mileage

Paint quality, improve overall quality. Design swans, not ugly ducklings.