Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Perfect first car
By tu2010

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car used last year as my first car and love every minute driving it. It's a fun little car to drive with a peppy gas pedal. Very comfortable, spacious, gas mileage is not as great(30mpg). Had many near accidents and the brakes saved my life. I drive very rough with this car but hasn't fallen apart yet. I get a lot of compliments on the color. (It's light green)Plan to have it for the next 6-7 years. Would definitely recommend this to ALL college students or anyone's choice for their first car.

Love the sound system, good turning radius, nice style and quiet engine.

Highway noise is loud but i just blast my music up. It stinks to have manual windows and locks

06 Corolla S
By Big O

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded a 02 Chevy pickup for this 06 Corolla. We leased it for 0% and then bought it after 36 months for $8900.00. We have 58000 miles on it and it has never failed even at 30 below zero. Some things I thought they (Toyota) would change with the 2010, more interior lights, lighted ignition,better radio. We drive 30 plus miles ever day 7 days a week. We love 30 plus miles per gallon,good ride,nice room inside,good heater. We have had not one thing go wrong, just put gas and oil in it. Toyota Quality!!

Great Little Car
By Mike

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I live in New Mexico and driven this car in every condition possible and every terrain imaginable. Great little car that is comfortable, reliable, and gets outstanding gas mileage. Only had one minor problem and that has been with the headlights. One in particular goes out about every 12 months.

Gas mileage and reliability.

Get rid of the stinking seat belt warning.

Corolla Reliability and Toyota Cust Svc
By Kan88

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the toyota corolla in June 2006 and have 21 K miles on this car. The Car suddenly stopped in the middle of the road trip and had to have the car towed to the nearest toyota leadership as it was under warranty. The ECU (computer) broke and the car would not start and there was a backlog delay of several weeks to get the car repaired. I have contacted Toyota Customer Service for assistance and they covered for cost for towing the car to my home city toyota dealer and co-ordinated with the dealership to have my car fixed.

Excellent Toyota Customer Service , Fuel Economy

Full Size Spare Tire should be included , ABS should be standard , Cars should be recalled to fix the widespread ECU Failure for this model.

LOVE My Corolla
By sandy

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Corolla 3 years ago and it works just as well as the day we bought it, despite having 64 000 km on it! The cost of the corolla is similar to American made vehicles but the quality is far better. I would highly recommend one.

Good fuel consumption, overall quality.

The paint chips far too easily.