Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Gotta Have It!
By Phantom Rollr

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This Corolla is amazing. I'm very happy with the experience of owning this vehicle. Toyota definitely has a winner here. My family asked me what I thought and when I had to sum it up my response is simply "What a fun, affordable, sporty smooth car." It's a must have for college students, young married couples and older mature people that just want a no-nonsense kind of vehicle. I rated this vehicle very highly and I meant it!

The sporty look on the outside (I have the S model). The nice smooth ride. The seats hug very well giving you a secure feel.

A manual lumbar support. And a bigger interior.

Just bought - After much research
By John

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Hi - I just bought a Corolla (2006) today. However, it was a prudent decision to make this purchase after much research. The Corolla looked more real and better built. It gave the appearance of being a solidly built car. Appearance was best. Then the test drive. Smooth, quiet, peppy, comfortable with a good industry warrenty and excellent gas economy. We both feel very good about our purchase decision. Rides nice and 30/38 MPG -- very nice car!

The whole car is nice. Solid feel. Instrumentation is presented well. Stereo is quality sound. Smooth ride. Front seats are comfy. 30/38 MPG. Good safety stats and a good factory warranty and high resale history.

Too early to tell. But honestly - after looking over this car and driving it, I may be hard pressed to come up with something. Just a nice car for the money.

Good but pricey!!!
By PKS

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car! Very reliable, drives and brakes smooth, great mileage, good trunk space.

The economy, reliability, smoothness and the reputation (resale value).

1. Trunk release on the key. 2. The seat needs to be a little more comfortable. 3. The exterior look - the front looks snub nosed whereas the rear looks too thick. 4. Wanted burgundy color, could not find it. 5. Lower the price by another $500 or add an ABS at the existing price.

I love my little red car!
By Dede

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my very first car. I have had her for 3 months and commute 52 miles a day during the week on the highway, and I am very happy with my decision to buy this car! I test drove a few other cars (including the Honda Civic) but I liked the way this one felt the best. I felt like I had the most control with this car.

MPG, color, sound system, AC, feeling of dependibility.

I would like to see side airbags become standard, a place to plug in an MP3 player, an interior light that comes on automatically, and possibly the ability to have a little more leg room.

First Toyota
By Mary Earman

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Wish that my Corolla would get better gas mileage. I have had it for a month and now get 24 miles to the gallon. Hopefully, after it is broken in, it will do better. The reason I purchased it was to save on gas and good resale and durability. I plan to keep it a long time. Should have gotten automatic door locks because it is impossible to get into the back seat with a key. It does get blown around on the highway a bit. Does great around town! I really do like my new car.

Lever on the floor by the driver's side to open the trunk and the gas tank.

Headrests with center open. Easier opening for back doors without automatic locks.