Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Excellent vehicle
By onlytoyotas

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Corolla for two months. It is an excellent vehicle for driving around town. I haven't taken it on a long trip yet, but 30 miles on the highway felt fine. Seating and steering wheel positioning is a bit tricky, but I found a position I'm happy with. I definitely like the feel of driving it, it handles nicely, and feels secure. The seats on the LE have a nice soft feel. The heating and A/C work great. The gas mileage so far has been similar to rated mileage - about 30 in overall driving (drive up hills a lot). I got the LE for invoice which I was happy about. A couple of small things - car dings pretty easily, and a very annoying seat belt ding. Otherwise very happy.

Feel of driving - solid and smooth. Peace of mind with reliability. Relatively inexpensive to own. Nice stereo - with text.

Improve the quality of the body - dings too easily (paint chips also). I have to park under trees and have three dings on hood and top from beech nuts. Seat belt buzzer should stop after a few seconds without coming back on - quite annoying, but forces you to put on your seat belt. Side air bags.

Smooth
By Phantom

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this Corolla S for about 3 months now and by far this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. The ride quality superb, the interior is very spacious and appealing. You can't find a better looking car for under $18000. I was looking into a Scion TC but a TC with the all the options on the Corolla S was close to $22000. To sum it up: Test drive one. period.

Exterior styling... Build quality.. Reliability.. Looks great with 19" wheels..

Wider power band.. Make the instrumentation light up one color instead of like 3..

Very Happy
By Dan

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Car I've bought brand new. And I was nervous at first, but after dealing with Toyota and seeing how good of a car the Corolla is I consider myself very lucky to have a Corolla. Its resale is good, doesnt lose much value, and you rarely hear of issues with any Toyota... I recently drove my car on a 3300km trip and after the trip I didnt find myself tired of drivig it. Is a fun car with alot of jump for its size.

Sound System, handling, jump, mileage, style...

MP3 should be Standard, Seat belt beep is to long, and middle arm rest is to low.

Toyota Corolla Super Driving Experience!
By Patricia Nicely

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned both a 2003 and currently a 2006 Toyota Corolla LE. I absolutely love both vehicles and highly recommend this car. It not only has an awesome design but is also great on gas and handles very well.

I love the new design of the Corolla which first came out in 2003.

I would suggest using better wheel covers on the LE model and up. The covers currently being used are not very attractive and yet the price for a new one seems to be very high. I am not sure if it is because it is a Japan product.

Good Value
By Robert

2006 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Terrific for scooting around town. This is my first Toyota & I'm very impressed. Exterior is sharp. Interior is clean and functional. No wind noise from sunroof. Civic is state of the art in compacts. Maint. schedule basically change oil & rotate tires every 5k miles, simple and low cost.

MPG, Styling, A/C, Sunroof, Ease of access (for a compact).

4 wheel Brembo disc brakes std. More leather options, seating comfort including armrest, telescoping steering wheel, all safety features should be standard equip.,radio controls on steering wheel, TRD accessories for all models with "S "designation.