Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Small issues
By king

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Prior to purchasing a 2006 Corolla, I had a 1991 model for 15 years. I loved it so I wanted another. I have only had the 2006 for a few months, but I wanted to give a review after my first trip to the service department at 6,000+ miles. The trim on the roof was coming loose at one end. The initial prognosis by the service department technician was to replace as this occurs occasionally. They instead glue it down (something I could have done). The second issue, which is more unacceptable, is a spot protruding under the carpet on the hump in the back seat area. I noticed the carpet wearing (at 6,000+ miles) and they said the protrusion is part of the carpeting and all corollas have it.

Gas mileage, comfortable

No trim on the roof and don't manufacture the carpet as thought something was underneath.

Corolla
By D. Russo

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My mother bought me a Toyota Corolla as my first car. Overall, it's reliable and wonderful to drive. It gets me from Point A to Point B safely. Besides, the gas mileage is amazing.

I love the stereo, the gas mileage, the smoothe ride, and generally everything about it.

I have the CE model, which is as basic as it comes. I don't have cruise control or power lock and windows.

06 corolla
By rosconey

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

so far so good-after a 2000 neoen this thing is great-i like the high exit hight after a long day of work- nice ride for a car its size,plenty of pep from the 1.8 and even though its a little soft in corners i would expect that from a car sitting this high- interior is a little cheap looking-the neon had a much nicer interior looks and quality of materials used-not sure how well all the plastic will hold up in the corolla- 40mpg or so on the highway is real nice- auto headlights are a gimmick that works great-

entrance & exit hight-auto headlights- remote trunk and fuel release

better quality interior-has the cheapest looking one in its class by far-almost enough for me to pass on the car-

Does'nt get advertised gas mileage
By Larry Guice

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Vehicle is nice, but it does'nt get anywhere the gas mileage that was advertized

Does'nt have any Electric perks that some of the similar cars have, but then again I'M not lazy, I can roll my own windows down...it would be nice however to have cruise control.

Don't lie to people about the Gas Mileage...Tell the truth

Excellent vehicle
By onlytoyotas

2006 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Corolla for two months. It is an excellent vehicle for driving around town. I haven't taken it on a long trip yet, but 30 miles on the highway felt fine. Seating and steering wheel positioning is a bit tricky, but I found a position I'm happy with. I definitely like the feel of driving it, it handles nicely, and feels secure. The seats on the LE have a nice soft feel. The heating and A/C work great. The gas mileage so far has been similar to rated mileage - about 30 in overall driving (drive up hills a lot). I got the LE for invoice which I was happy about. A couple of small things - car dings pretty easily, and a very annoying seat belt ding. Otherwise very happy.

Feel of driving - solid and smooth. Peace of mind with reliability. Relatively inexpensive to own. Nice stereo - with text.

Improve the quality of the body - dings too easily (paint chips also). I have to park under trees and have three dings on hood and top from beech nuts. Seat belt buzzer should stop after a few seconds without coming back on - quite annoying, but forces you to put on your seat belt. Side air bags.