Used 2006 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

My Corolla
By ghfg

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The gas mileage I get is 35 mpg. This is excellent. I've always been a fan of Toyota reliability. I am still satisfied with the Corolla.

I love the spare 12v power supply hidden in the center console. I can keep my iPod plugged in without having it in plain view for criminals to steal. I also like the valet trunk.

Bigger cup holders. Cars are for adults and I want to drink large drinks. They do not fit in the cup holders. I would also like to see locks on glove boxes as standard equipment. I would also like to see standard vehicle recovery systems.

Toyota Corolla
By Sean

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The perfect blend of performance and fuel economy. Enough power to handle on-ramps on highways, while not breaking your budget. I bought it 6-8 months ago, and have not had any problems since. It is an economy car, so do not expect it to have perfect interior quality or to keep up with sports cars.

Gas mileage, speakers; the accceleration and handling exceeded my expectations.

The engine makes an annoying sqeaking noise when in idle. Not enough headroom or legroom for drivers over 6'. Awqward seating position. To compensate for the weak engine and provide for adequate acceleration, the car is very light and therefore will get blown around like a kite in the wind.

Not worth the trouble
By Janet

2006 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Less than a year and 9000 km after I purchased my 2006 Corolla, my steering pump is broken and it is undriveable. The dealership says the part won't arrive for another month. It's Toyota's policy not to provide a rental car or any transportation for that matter until after 10 days that the part is on backorder. I am stuck without a car for 10 days. There was also another 06 Corolla in for the same problem. I was happy with my 1994 Corolla and not happy with my 2006. Toyota made no effort to salvage our relationship. Saturn and GM both say they provide transportation the same day if they expect a part not to arrive for a month.

Trunk release button on keychain remote. Improve customer relations.

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By Cathleen Foltz

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Over the past 25 years I have owned seven different Totota Corollas. I keep them for several years and they have been excellent vehicles. I sell them outright and then buy another one new. I have never been let down and have never made any expensive repairs. One of them I put 65000 miles on and never did anything but change the oil and filter and put gas in the tank and sometimes put air in the tires. The quality of these vehicles speaks for themself. While it is sad that the Japanese build these quality vehicles keeping me from buying American made products, I cannot and will not buy American vehicles. My friends buy American vehicles and have nothing but problems. Go Toyota.

Built to last. Quality parts. Good looking body styles. Good gas mileage.

Cannot honestly suggest any improvements other than to say keep right on building them and I will keep right on buying them. You cannot and you will not be sorry.

The Best!
By Fisher

2006 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking into buying a Camry but found the Corolla loaded for much less! I knew I was going to buy a Toyota and would be happy with it, because I have always had Toyotas and have gotten about 300,000 miles out of each of them! So this Corolla will last me a while I am sure of it! With my automatic I get about 33mpg in mixed driving which is pretty good! I am a big person and I fit well in this car, better than I did in my old 4Runner! They designed this car with a high roofline and command seating, visiblity is very good! I wouldn't trade my Corolla for the world!

The high roofline and visiblity more comparable to a small SUV! Oh an opt for the CD Changer and extra speakers, its worth it!

Some minor rattles from interior panels should be corrected!