Used 2005 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 340 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

I'm pleased with my purchase!
By new beginnings

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car because of the Toyota name and its reputation. I have been pleased with my car's overall performance and comfort. In the past I've had a couple of Cadillacs but decided to really get my moneys worth out of my car this time.

I love the way my car looks and I feel very good at the gas station when I can fill up on regular gas.

Make it a little roomier.

Fun, reliable, and kid friendly too.
By Karla

2005 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Toyota. I am a loyal Toyota fan, and I expect that this vehicle will be my kid's car in 10 years when they learn to drive. I have taken this vehicle on several long distance trips and have had no problems. The trunk space is great, it fit luggage for three adults and two kids - simply amazing! The gas mileage is pretty good and the ride is smooth. The tires are something that will be replaced soon, they don't provide much traction for the variety of weather that our region has. Overall, this vehicle is economical, maintenance free (so far), and most importantly fun to drive. I wish I would have gotten the "S" version... but maybe next time.

Trunk room! Pretty good standard features when lined up against the Honda Civic and Ford Focus. Nice ride, it is pretty quiet if compared to other economical vehicles. Spacious, able to fit three adults and two carseats for a long distance trip. Three carseats in the back is a tight fit but okay.

A little more leg room for the back seat. Power windows would be nice. Make the door panel bars the color of the paint - not black... ughh! Great little car for the price.

Glad I decided on the Corolla
By Jim

2005 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Been looking for a subcompact for a month and finally decided on the Corolla. Drove it home today and felt better with each mile. A truly solid, well constructed car. Better mileage than Mazda 3 and Focus. A lot more car than the Civic with a better warranty.

Appearance; Interior quality, very plush for this class; smooth ride; roominess; fuel economy

ABS should be standard -hard to find in NJ with a sunroof and ABS. Dealer suggested an S - but I hated the cheesy ground effects. Just my opinion.

Favorite For A Third Time Corolla Owner
By Bethany Boyd

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car and, so far, it's the best Corolla I've had in 7 years. (my last 2 were LE's) So far, this car has exceeded my expectations.

Exterior body style; interior design, especially front dash displays; comfortable, adjustable seats with plenty of leg room

Interior seating is a dark, crushed velvety type of material that seems to capture every speck of dust or hair it comes in contact with

A Nice, sporty, compact car
By Bruce

2005 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car for 5 weeks now. No problems, appox. 26.5 mpg city and close to 30 - with more highway use. I would highly recommend the Corolla S to anyone wanting "sporty value". I added tinted windows and a chrome exhaust tip which make the car look even better!

Comfortable seats, leather steering wheel and shift knob.

None