Used 2004 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great Vehicle
By em

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Corolla about 6 months ago and I love it. I commute to school 75 miles a day, three days a week, and I save a lot of money on gas every month. My gas mileage averages out to almost 33 mpg. I had one trip that I took mostly back roads at about 55-60 mph I got nearly 40 mpg. Very reliable and comfortable.

Great gas mileage, comfortable seating, automatic lights, great looking design.

Cruise control and power windows standard.

Love my Corolla!
By Michelle

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 2004. Has LE package with upgraded wheels & sunroof. Chose 5-speed manual transmission (more fun to drive). Added leather upholstery from the dealership, which you can't get as an option from the factory-- unless you want to wait a really long time. Also added 2" receiver hitch (for slide-in bike rack), & Bluetooth/iPod compatible CD player. Low mileage so far--just turned 30K and it's 9/2008! Great gas mileage, really fun to drive. Very reliable, solid car--when you just shut the door it sounds solid, not tinny like so many other compact cars. Only complaint was the factory stereo & speakers, but now that they have been changed out, I'm completely happy with the car.

Nice looking, fun to drive, economical, reliable.

It would be nice to be able to be able to turn off the headlights (parking lights are okay) when the car is running. Getting on a ferry, they like you to turn off your headlights while driving aboard, but you can't do it. I guess all cars are getting to be that way though, as standard equipment...

Unhappy
By dissapointed

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car was great at first. As the years and miles add up more and more stuff breaks. I had to replace the transmission this year due to 'internal failures' which will not be reimbursed. All in all, a POOR CHOICE OF CAR. I will never buy a Toyota again.

The gas mileage is great.

Decent car!
By rahdirsv

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car as a used car a month back and it had 45k miles on it; I have already put in 5000 miles on it (mostly highway) and I get an avg of 36 mpg. Got about 40-42 mpg on a recent long trip. No problems to date; engine quite noisy compared to other imported cars I have owned but great pickup and no problems passing/driving etc. I face a similar problem that a couple of other reviewers have written about: I can't get a comfortable steering wheel hold when the leg length (seat position) is adjusted right. And if I get a good steering hold for my arm length, my legs are too close to the pedals. Probably just needs a telescopic steering column.

Gas mileage.

There should be an option to turn off the daytime running lights completely; it's a total of waste of energy on bright sunny days. A rear windshield wiper would be useful, just like it would be on most cars. Some of the interior plastics (center console etc) seem to be of poor quality.

Toyota builds the best economical car!!
By Suzie

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had anything go wrong with this car or my 1989 Corolla except with a flat tire.The seats are comfortable and its has a nice smooth ride and bumps in the road are nothing. It handles turns and its braking is exceptional.

I love the fact in this model there is no ashtray and the cup holders are centrally located. I love the trunk space and that the gas mileage is supurb.

The added feature of the bluetooth would be great or maybe a hybrid model. Also the ability to plug in your MP3/iPod player to play through your speakers would be a great option. Some navigation options, maybe.