Used 2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great Ride
By Hood

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'd still have this car if it wasn't destroyed in a car accident. I had 71k miles and the only thing I had to do was change the battery this past fall which in the grand scheme is minor. The car rode smooth and was the best as far as gas went. Very affordable!

Gas mileage, trunk space, great sound system, smooth ride, safe.

The newer versions are MP3 compatible as well they should allow you the ability to shut off the daytime lights. Upgrade to alloy wheels. Better center console - no more plastic.

Very satisfied
By eisendo

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in January 2004, and the only thing I have had to repair are the front brakes. The car is very dependable, comfortable, and gets decent mileage (25-city; 35-highway). Toyota needs to equip its cars with better OE tires than the Goodyear Integritys that came with the car... had to be replaced after 20000 miles, and they got lousy traction.

Dependability, and low operating cost.

Better driver's seating position.

80k and no problems
By David

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've put a lot of miles on this car and never had any issues with it. Other than oil changes, it has never needed service of any kind. I will definitely buy another Toyota--either another Corolla or a Lexus. Excellent car.

Great gas mileage, stylish interior, and great reliability.

All in all AOK car
By lyraleblanc

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Biggest gripe: the steering wheel is too close to the dash, so if I adjust the seat for leg comfort, I can't reach it. Make steering wheel telescopic!! Handling is very good, ride a little bumpy (well, it's not a Camry). Exterior scratches very easily. My dogs ride comfortably. *Great* mileage. Did brakes/rotors at 50K, otherwise have done nothing but oil changes and it runs like a charm. Very reliable, which I love - I never have to worry about being stranded.

Mileage, reliability, rear cup holders.

Make steering wheel telescopic, and while you're at it, make it thinner as well (what is with the trend toward fat steering wheels - they are much harder on my hands!). Also, make better floor mats - these wear out like they came from the clearance section at walmart!

Very good
By Madhusudan

2004 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used last year and have driven 10,000 miles since then. So far, it is perfect. No trouble at all. My city driving (to work) should not be considered for mileage as I stop 5 minutes in total 10 minutes; even then it gives me 22. However, on hwy with cruise control (or even without) it goes beyond 40! It's amazing. I also like the huge trunk space. It runs smooth even when it is pretty cold (like 10 degrees outside).

Gas economy; huge trunk space; interior and exterior looks.

Paint chips off easily.