Used 2004 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Happy Driver!

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got this car used with 70,000 miles and it gave me no problems whatsoever. I drove this car from November 2008 until March 2010 and the only thing I had a problem with was the locks. This car is reliable, handles well and can last an eternity if taken care of it well. The only reason I don't have it is because it got stolen! =( but my next purchase will be a Corolla S Type once again. The Corolla S types built from 2003 to 2008 are gold!

Fancy interior, plenty of compartments, hard bumper, plenty of leg room, cargo room and spoilers.

Better cloth to build seats, that's about it!

Very dependable
By jay buck

2004 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have had vary good luck with this car. I drive 300 miles a week to work. The the car had 46,248 miles on it when I got it and now has 139,666 I keep the oil changed when it needs it. Have put two sets of tires on it two set of breaks and two running head lights.

handles well in all weather conditions.

none at this time.

Built to Last
By KC Jones

2004 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased new with 17 miles on Odo. Currently at 74K miles. The main electrical fuse blew once when car new cutting out all electrical. Replaced in no time by dealership. Car has never needed even a single repair since other than oil changes and new tires. Only two things will survive the end of the world. Cockroaches and Corollas. Seats not supportive for O/N driving. Otherwise nothing to complain, everything to applaud. This is what a car should aspire to be.

Sure handling. Predictability.

Firmer seats.

Poor Quality in a Corolla
By merh

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My family has owned Toyota's for as long as I can remember. We had a great 1984 corolla that lasted FOREVER, over 200,000. My 2004 corolla however is not match. I am rolling up on 100,000 miles and had more small problems that I can stand. So far in the a 6ish years that I have had the car, I have had to replace the serpentine belt twice and the pulley system once. To add insult to injury, the belt started squeaking again with in a year of it being replaced! The lights on the gear shift are burnt out and I've had to have the window pulley system replaced. The steering wheel is too recessed in the dash. Toyota made the car more "lux" but definitely skimped on the quality. It feels cheap!

The Little Car
By bushleague

2004 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After taking care of my neighbor's 1995 Corolla for 14 years I simply had to buy one. This car is everything that the '95 is and more since Toyota listens. It has more power, an adjustable driver seat, interior and truck lighting.

Simple, reliable, comfortable, and economical. Did I mention fuel economy, 40+ every time. Go for the LE model as they are mostly made in Japan.

Steering wheel controls for the radio would be nice.