Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 440 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Good amigo car
By gpjr

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've put 217k on my car, I commute to my job I do the maintenance on this vehicle myself, iridium plugs, serpentine belt, oil changes ac relay at 153k $90 at the dealers. I was a mechanic in the service, so not a problem, tires at 50k intervals, I put aftermarket rims on it after I lost a few hubcaps on the road, this vehicle has been a great investment and good amigo.

Reliable transportation, nice and roomy interior, good feedback at the steering wheel,well built.

For Toyota, don't sell a vehicle with hub caps.

Good Commuter Car
By 08LasVenturas

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm not a Toyota person at all but family members of mine own it & i drive it all the time. It gets excellent gas mileage and is very reliable. The ride is smooth and fun, it would make a good car to learn to drive in. The design is bland (as are all toyotas) but the interior quality is top-notch and after 6 years its in amazing shape inside and out. The inside is also roomy and comfortable but there aren't many cup holders. But overall, I think it;s a great car for the money and would recommend it for someone who just needs a cheap, reliable car to get from point A to B.

Reliable, fun to drive, no blind spots, doesn't feel cheap

Forgettable styling, plastic trim and wheel covers, outdated features

Very efficient investment!!
By Buckadies

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 150K miles three years ago and currently pushing 165K trouble-free miles. Other than regular maintenance, this car is a well oiled machine that leads its way to water...good to go!!

Leather interior, sunroof, CD and cassette player that actually sounds great, nice wheels make this bad boy look good!

It is a tight fit for taller types.

Disappointment
By dan kramar

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Having bought Toyota in the past and knowing of corolla reliability and fuel economy we purchased ours used from a dealer with 60000kms on it. I drive all highway. It has cost us a transmission rebuild (it's a manual) for differential bearings and now tranny won't shift into fourth all the time. Wheel bearings go quickly and car is so loud from wheel/bearing noise you have to yell to be heard. I'm done with Toyota.

Fuel economy.

Serious Car problem
By Toyota corolla s

2003 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had my car only 6 months. It was a very clean and nice looking vehicle when I purchased it. I haven't had any problems with my car until the cruise control malfunction.

The seats are very comfortable and the car hugs the road very nicely. It's a smooth riding car. It's great on gas mileage. I like the thermometer on the dash for reading outside temperatures.

I had a very serious problem with my car. The cruise control malfunctioned. The brake pedal did not disengage the cruise control and the car accelerated. I was not able to stop the car. I had to ride my brakes until I was able to jump out of the car. This is a serious problem with TOYOTA!!!!!!!