Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 439 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Wheel Bearings
By michele

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My brother talked me into buying a Toyota and I do love it. However, I had to replace the drivers side wheel bearing in July of last year, no problem - I expect to have to pay for this type of maintenance. I had about 110,000 miles on it. A year later and 25,000 miles later - the same wheel bearing goes. I explain to the dealer that it doesn't make sense that I have to replace it yet again. The other one has never been replaced. They simply said its normal wear and tear because of the amount of miles I have put on it. We even called Toyota directly and we are waiting for some answers. Hopefully they will make it right. I was sold on Toyota, but may not be now. Will depend on how they respond.

Seats - very comfortable

Make better wheel bearings

I love this car
By Jerry

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I put about 10,000 miles a year on this car with no major problems, keep the oil changed and do the maintenance on required basis and this car will last forever.

I am 6'2" and have no problems inside this car

better rims not hub caps and how about a 2 door Corolla for those of us still young at heart(I am 62)

Awesome
By abcde

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car new in 2002 and now have 98,000 miles on it. It required front brake pads due to squealing brakes at 25,000 miles and was done free. Have performed routine maintenance - battery 60,000 miles, tires 60,000 miles, brakes 85,000 miles. After the brakes at 85,000 there was a persistent squeal and the car needed 2 more trips back to the dealer. Was given a free loaner car for the 2 returns and it was handled very professionally. Other than that I routinely get 34-35 mpg with about 65% highway driving. The car is actually fun to drive and I am always the first "out of the blocks". Minimal road noise at cruising speed and very smooth highway manners.

None

Rock Solid and efficient
By Liquorman

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had my car for almost 7 years now and I can say it has been great. Yeah, it's not a BMW, but its a easy drive, fuel efficient and has good room for the size. I recently upgraded to a high end VW Passat wagon, and even though it is classier I miss my Toyotas efficiency (wife drives it now).

Efficiency. I get 29 MPG average driving city and highway. We took a 2500 mile road trip 2 years ago and averaged 35 MPG going 75 MPH on average. It seems to only get more efficient as time goes on.

I would say styling, but I think Toyota really ramped up the corolla after 2006. The current version looks a lot cooler.

Excellent reliability
By ITSME

2003 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of this car, I used to drive 1000 miles + per month in this car for about 2 years. I have not had one thing need maintenance, it is even on the original AC coolant. The only problems have been from other people dinging my car. Everything in the car still works great, just needs a tune up to improve power. With regular oil services and tire rotations, I have never had this car in any shop at all. Great purchase for reliability.

still works great, comfortable ride even for a manual, looks good enough, lasts forever.

quieter cab would be nice.