Used 2003 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 440 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

is this the longest rotor on the road?
By madsy

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in December 2002. Today (Feb 2013) the car is now 517,000 km.
@ 420,000 km the strut was replaced. the right one started to leak. the other one is still ok but replaced as well as they needed to be replaced at the same time.
@ 425,000 km. the front and rear wheel bearing on the driver's side were replaced.
@ 475,000 km. the starter was replaced.
@ 517,000 km. the sway bar link was replaced.
others are just the normal maintenance like battery, oil changes, serpentine belt, transmission oil changes, air filter, cabin filters.
The car drives like the day I drove it out of the dealership. The rest of the car is original...including the rotor. the car just starts and go in all weather

Best car i have had
By toyota1987

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car a long time without issues.
the only thing i have replaced since i bought it was a starter. My car just hit 200,200 miles!!!

I love the comfort of the car the seats are perfect.

the car looks a little sissy, I hope one day they will make it look better

Corolla does it again
By cuwee

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2003 Corolla LE since it was brand new. It has been amazing car since day, today with 135k miles. I grew up with a 1992 Corolla that my mom owned and loved until the rust ate through it.

My favorite feature is its a Toyota. It is very comfortable and the transmission is tough and can take a beating.

About two years ago, the dash center console door broke and are unrepairable due to normal wear(to fix it, you need to replace half the center console).

Rock Solid
By ragged1234

2003 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Ten years ago I bought my 2003 Corolla LE brand new, and it has been rock solid in terms of reliability. In the ten years I've owned this car (115,000 miles) I have had only one repair that was not usual wear-and-tear (air conditioner went out). Everything else has stood the test of time. So I give this car a 5 in terms of value, build quality, and reliability. As for performance, comfort, and fun to drive, the Corolla is admittedly not top-of-the-line (you're not going to win races with this thing or feel like you're sitting in a recliner), and gas mileage by today's standards isn't spectacular. But, I trust this thing just as much today as I did the day I bought it and that says something.

Reliable; decent gas mileage; reasonable space for a compact car (incuding back seat room)

was good until after a year
By kevin1001

2003 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i had the car for a year with 80,000 mile on it and everything was excellent for the first year. after the year past, my mpg just tanked on me and i was only getting 12 mpg. it got loud when i am driving on the highway, the rear speakers had static sounds. the brakes just sucked with the crappy ABS in it. then i got into my accident. the passenger seat belt didn't lock when my passenger side got hit, the airbag blew. then when they went back the seat belt lock. good car, but not good in accidents.

speaker sound quality, takes off nicely.

better ABS, less static in the rear speakers, and better fender build quality.