Used 2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

what a fun car to drive
By jluke1967

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this car zips in and out of traffic and is very nimble.

handling

power seats in LE model - standard

The best college car
By DJ Latcham

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is perfect for those who want a reliable & fun car while not paying a huge sticker price. Gets great gas mileage and never gives me with a headache. The engine may be a little weak, but what do you expect from that small a car. While you don't smoke other drivers on the strip, you will definelty burn them at the pumps.

Gas mileage, fun to drive, fits in any parking space.

More leg room in back seat, fix rear- view mirror / sun shade jam.

Petite, yet powerful
By Mightyp

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car (LE) as a commuter car (my other is a 454 crew cab) and the gas savings alone is paying for itself. I commute 150 miles one way to work and this car has never let me down in the 2 years of operation. I plan to utilize it one more year and trade up to a '06 model. The VVT-i gives me back the power to fly over Pacheco Pass (CA) seamlessly. Everything is within reach and ergonomically correct. Since I seldom have passengers the back seat is premium extra storage for me. This is a very reliable car that does what its designed to do for pennies on the dollar.

Power Sun Roof, cruise control, outside temp. gauge, 2-tripometers, warm cloth seats, tinted windows, chrome hubcaps (don't worry about wheel locks!) and a decent am/fm stereo.

I swapped out the stereo with XM radio; during tire change I opted for a wider tire that runs smoother and absorbs road bumps and is quieter. Other than that, the only improvement I would like is a little more cush on the seats during these long commutes (I supplemented with a kitchen chair pad)

I'm satisfied!
By big fan

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my 2001 LE with 4-speed automatic almost 4 years and I can honestly say I'm 100% satisfied with the car - the mileage is very good, checked it today and I got 31.3 mpg on my last tank - car handles well and the engine is quiet - I did have to replace the blower motor at 22,000 miles but luckily it was still under warranty - if I had to to it over I'd get the same car only a different color - dark colors show everything -

gas mileage, heater, quiet engine, trunk space, very smooth automatic transmission

more room in back (already done on newer models)

Love my Corolla
By Cyndi

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this corolla new in 2000. The 2001 had just come out. It is rated for 39 highway and 30 city and thats exactly what it gets. Mine is automatic, white . It is the best car we have ever owned I also have a tacoma Truck which I love. We are a TOYOTA family! Will never buy any car other than Toyota.

Everything especially the Outside temp gauge

More leg room in the back would be nice