Used 2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

It even autocrosses well
By Corolla DriveR

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new. it now has 113,000 miles and I plan to keep it till it has about 300,000. never any mechanical problems. the original brake pads were still good when I replaced them at 100,000 miles for grippier pads for autocross. I won the regional H stock championship for 2005 in this car. not a great amount of power in the motor but it handles well. much more power than the 99 civic I traded for it. under normal use, these cars just dont break. I do have the 5 spd manual and normally get 37-42 mpg combined city/hwy. runs like a champ.

smooth manual tranny

once you replace the factory struts it transforms the car into a much better driver. install better factory struts and tires when new.

Buy it.
By Michael Templeton

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Its really a great car. Almost every review is a big success. I have immensely enjoyed my 'yota. It had 67,000 mi. when I purchased it. I road- tripped out to Oregon from Michigan in April 2006 (6,200 mi. round trip) and it was a dream. Nothing went wrong with the car, we had only to change the oil once, and thats it. It never overheated, and it took on the Rockies with valiant spirit. One thing that DID go wrong though, as strange as it may sound, was that the cd player and volume knob broke. But we discovered later that SOMEHOW the volume was now fully controllable through the dashlight knob, and the headlight stick would turn the sound off and on...?? Weird. My experience earns a big nod!

Comfortable drivers seat, GOOD cupholders, good field of view, tight steering radius!, decent looks, gas economy, big glove compartment, decent storage in trunk, lovely braking, good enough pickup @ lower speeds, good passing capability, awesome frigid A/C unit, good heater too, does AWESOME in snow

I ran out of room in the favorites. As you can see, I like this car. I recommend it to anyone. My dad has golden reviews for Toyota too. His gave him 350,000 mi. FYI mine now has over 125,000 mi. and is showing no signs of giving up. More leg room? Better styled interior? More console space? V8? lol

Great Value, Reliable
By a9zn

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car used in 2002 & have been putting 1k mi per month on it. Gets me from point A to B w/o any hassle. Easy on the gas & my wallet. Very economical to maintain it.

Excellent gas mileage on the hwy ~32; city ~ 27

Sunroof, head room, leg room, rear passenger leg room, turbo charged engine, AWD, side airbags

Good car
By leanerneaner

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have NEVER had any mechanical problems with this car. I've never had to worry about it. Acceleration is pretty bad though. It's always stressful to merge onto a freeway. Otherwise, great!

Good looking car, with a smart interior set-up. GREAT gas mileage and 100% reliable.

Leg room in the back is a joke! This car is only good for 2 adults and maybe children.

Completely satisfied
By Leo

2001 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The mileage on my car is over 60K miles, not a single problem so far. Very satisfied. With a manual transmission I'm getting on average 35 mpg, which helps with the current gas prices.