Used 2001 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Awesome car!
By Care

2001 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car! Bought it used with 86000 miles, and it is now at 200100 miles and runs like a charm. Minor maintenance needed, spark plugs, fuel injector, tires and other things. I drive about 100+miles a day and I never hve to worry about breaking down. Take care of this car and it will take care of you! I love the sporty look it has and it is compact.

Red dash lights, trunk space, 4 cup holders, comfortable for long trips, 400+mpg made it from So CA to Sacramento on 1 tank! Steering wheel, easy to maintain. Safe and reliable car.

Back seat a little small and the car is low to the ground, but that's changed with the new model. I recommend this car to teenagers.

Fun Car to Drive
By Hal

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used in 2005 and has given me nothing by outstanding service. Put some Hankook tires on it about a year ago and it made all the difference in the ride and handling of the car. Passing is a breeze with the peppy engine.

Short turning radius, great AC, great handling with upgraded tires. Very reliable. High field of vision, very little blind spots. Power sunroof

More leg room in back.

2001 Toyota Corolla
By hampton careen

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car has been a good experience, good mileage, good service, will recommend the car to all my friends.

Peppy and fast.

Comfort and more room.

Overall a good car
By Jennifer

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Corolla when it was at 12000 miles. It is at 82000 now. Just recently I had to replace a head gasket (and the interior door handle broke). While the head gasket was an expensive repair, its the first problem that I've had with the car. The steering has loosened over time, but not to the point of concern. The gas mileage is very good (although I don't seem to get as good of mileage as the LE is rated to have - 32 city, 39 highway).

The leg room in the back is pretty bad. I also would have like to have had anti-lock brakes come standard.

Love this car
By Kb

2001 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a pleasure to own. I have had no problems with it. Would definitely buy again.

4 doors, cruise control (perfect commuting car, head and leg room (I'm 6'3"). AC kicks.

Move the wiper control further toward the dashboard. I keep hitting it with my fingers when Im turning the steering wheel! MPG. With gas getting as crazy as it is, we need better MPG. Trunk is kind of limited. It would be nice if rear seats folded flat, and the opening into the cabin was larger.