Used 2000 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Now this is a Toyota
By jjimbo

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I got this car used from my cousin. It had been in two different accidents and was still going strong. This model of Toyota could not be killed. Everything worked, motor sang like a sewing machine and looked very neat and clean. The only thing I didn't like was the size of the inside.

Never let me down
By sylvia713

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I got my 2000 toyota corolla when i was 19 for my first car and i just now (4 years later)
got rid of it because it was to small, i have a baby now and the backseat is not very big. Besides the lack of space my corolla was awesome, only thing i ever had to to do was routine maintenance! Awesome first car. If your not worried about space i definitely recommend a corolla cant beat toyota reliability!

More interior space.

It Just Won't Die
By Huck

2000 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

We've used this car as a daily commuter and grocery getter for over seven years and it still hangs tough. The check engine light stays on for no reason that the mechanic can find, but it still runs well. One day we'll move up to something more modern, but for basic, economical transportation it will still be running around town when today's Dodge Calibers and Nissan Versas are toast. Those who survive the apocalypse will be driving Corollas.

Cheap to run, good on gas and not terribly embarrassing to be seen in. The trunk is pretty roomy and you can park it anywhere.

Hard plastic armrest should go as should the cheap sun visors. The cup holders are useless and the backseat is a bit cramped.

Great Car Great Value
By BG

2000 Toyota Corolla CE 4dr Sedan

I'm a college student with a very limited budget so I needed something reliable and at a good price. Since my summer job requires about 800 miles of driving a month in my own car and I drive the 200 miles to see my fiance as much as possible fuel economy was important. Therefore I went with the Corolla. It has been a GREAT decision. With about 28 mpg in the city I was making a decent amount on my gas check. Have had no mechanical problems and previous owner showed me his maintenance record with no abnormal maintenance. It only has a 4 cylinder engine but because of its small size it picks up great. Granted I was used to driving a 97 Chevy Astro and a 92 Pontiac transport but this is sweet!

MPG, turning radius, reliability, easiness of doing my own oil changes.

Being 6'6" this is not the ideal fit for me, but the MPG, make up for that. Burns about a quart of oil between changes.

Very Economical
By ali

2000 Toyota Corolla VE 4dr Sedan

I have the 2000 VE corolla with the 4sp automatic and I just wanted to day that it's been a wonderful tough car. Drove on deep Canadian snow, hot humid summer days and in heavy thunderstorms and it always got me there. It's been 10 years and 200,000 miles and people say the car specially the interior doesn't look ten years old and it doesn't have the stench that other old cars do. Planning to run it down another 60,000 miles before buying a new corolla. The tranny and engine combo on this car is great and I love the fact that u can disable overdrive, helps u accelerate quickly on highway and when your done turn it back on and u can cruise quietly at 60mph. This Cars ride is really soft too.

I loved the 4 speed transmission with over-drive off feature. Makes for quick acceleration and engine braking. Fuel mileage is good but could be better I average 28 mpg mostly city.

This 2zz engine has a lot of potential and Toyota should tune it to 180hp or at least 160hp similar to the how it performed on the '05 XRS model. Please improve interior material, it feels too cheap. Expand leg room and make telescopic steering standard.