Used 1995 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great car, very reliable and fast, sports car like
By Jack

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after my Civic was rear ended. I thought I would only be keeping it for a short amount of time, but I think ill keep it till it dies. I paid $700 for mine with 200,000 miles on it. It runs amazing and gets about 30 mpg(even though I drive it like hell). I had to replace the thermostat because it want shifting right, easy fix. The interior is good quality and holds up really really well. The ride can be choppy at times when road is bumpy. Needs better insulation. The best part about the car is the engine, it never feels under powered, slow. I drive about 80mph on freeway and its very smooth and doesn't feel like its working hard at all. Great power from a stop, good kick down for the engine size, tranny never hesitates like other cars I have had. I highly recommend this car for a first car or cheap, super reliable transportation. Don't worry about high mileage, mileage is nothing.

"Old Reliable"
By Monique Renne

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I bought mine new right after I graduated from college. Twenty years later, it is still my main car with almost 250,000 miles. I have only had to do routine maintenance and purchases (brakes, tires, tune-ups, oil changes, 1 serpentine belt), and one alternator. It has decent power (easy acceleration). The ride is rougher than some vehicles and road handling depends a lot on the tires, I think. Excellent mileage for a 20-year-old car: 20-35 mpg.

It's not nearly as quiet inside as it used to be and it's old. I lived on the coast for a few years and the paint is slowly fading. Whenever I am tempted to buy a new car, though, all I have to do is talk to my friends and family who have purchased new vehicles. I have never found as reliable a car as the 1995 Toyota Corolla. It was built when the Toyota name stood for quality.

corolla
By johnparcel

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I use have this car it performance was poor and car didn't had road grip at all this car only good of rough use driving on high way at high speed is a big no for this car the car had very poor break build quality was excellent

build quality

road grip and breaking

Most reliable car ever owned
By jshepherd9417

1995 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This car is very reliable. bought the car in 04 with 80k miles on it from an older woman who kept great care of it. Now in 2012, it has 175k miles and the only thing replaced on it was a starter and a clutch. Got the car when i was 16 and is a great starter car for a teen because it is great on gas and will last for a really long time. The only thing bad about it is the rear leg room is awful. Not the best car on space, but would definitely recommend a corolla to anyone interested. Really nice car!

The first car i drove.
By xmoparmanx

1995 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I used this car as a teenager before i got my truck (thank GOD i finally look like a man) and it was a good car to learn to drive in. that is, if you dont mind looking like a little guy. but for real now. the car is very reliable for the most part. the few problems we've had with the car is the powersteering pump failing, the alternator breaking, and the starter not working. but other than that its been quite reliable. the only thing though is, it is in no way a high speed car. i drove this thing on the interstate and i was scared to go 70 cause the engine was pushing as hard as its little self could.

comfortable steering wheel, VERY easy to drive around town and what not, great mileage, good get-around car for you and your friends to ride around, reliable, great handling.

more powerful motor but thats just the male in me. I now drive a 5.2 Liter V8 motor powered truck.