Used 1994 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

I love this car
By Ymoja

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

The most practical and reliable car I've ever owned. In 13 years/153,000 miles, in addition to oil changes/fluid checks, the only repairs I've had are: water pump replacement, timing belt replacement, front and rear brakes, and dash board light replacement. I love the manual locks and doors... less to break.

Plain, simple, functional, reliable. The station wagon has ample space.

Wish Toyota still made this model...

Basic info
By Ryan

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This is an efficient and reliable car. My model is a manual and gets about 30mpg. I have never had any maintenance issues. I am not a conservative driver and it easily takes all of the abuse I give it. This is a car that is built to last, it's been 130,000 miles so far and hasnt needed much more than tires and an oil change every 5000 miles or so. It starts fine even in cold weather and is just an overall smooth running vehicle.

Cruise control is always a great feature. The truck lock is a good feature to have, just the extra security knowing that if my car is broken into i can still keep people out of the trunk. Folding seats are also a nice bonus. And for you music lovers out there, I put an MP3 player in, great upgrade!

A sunroof would be nice but its an older model, the new ones have it.

Love my 1994 Corolla!
By elgaelf

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This was the first (and maybe only) car I ever bought brand new off of the car lot. So far I have logged over 111,000 miles, and it's still going strong. Lord willing I will get another 100,000 miles on it. Replaced the timing belt 50,000 miles ago, and also recently replaced the starter and alternator. Didn't need new brakes until almost 100,000 miles. Other than a couple of batteries, multiple tires, and a CV boot and muffler, I've not had any real issues/replacements, etc. This car still looks good and runs great and I would recommend it to anyone who is more concerned with safety and reliability than whether or not they are driving the latest and greatest sporty vehicle.

I like the five-speed transmission, Decent sized trunk. Power windows and door locks are great.

None. It's a modest look, for a modest car.

Great Economy Car
By Mercara

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I bought a used car with 60K miles and used it for about 75K miles before giving it to my nephew. This is a great starter car or college student car. Extremely reliable and great gas milage. The car is quite peppy for a 1.8 Liter engine. I would totally recommend it for anyone looking for an economy car.

Excellent mileage, great build quality, excellent reliability.

None really.

The Little Car That Won't Die
By Allan

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

This is one RELIABLE vehicle! I use it to drive long distances over a three state area. It was purchased by my wife nine years ago and I took over driving it with 86000 miles on it when we bought a Camry that she wanted to drive. I now have 208000 miles on it and it shows no sign of letting up. I perform regular maintenance on it. Only problem we had with it was the alternator and one of front CV joints. (both were replaced) This little baby has great pickup from a stop and plenty of power at higher speeds. (ever drive I95 north of Richmond, you know what I mean) I understand that this particular car was built in Japan - those guys sure knew what they are doing didn't they?

I love the mileage it gets. Car has averaged 34.73 mpg in city or highway or whatever driving. This is EVERY single gallon it has burned since we've had it. Can "fill 'er up" for just $20.00 and get over 400 miles per tank. Pretty good isn't it with gas costing what it does nowadays!

No improvements - Toyota really did it right when they built this car. We just purchased a second Camry this week and we don't need 3 cars so it looks like we will be selling our Corolla. It has been so good that I hate to let it go. I'll never be able to get what it's been worth to me out of it.